Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   ok im a subi noob.. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/4800-ok-im-subi-noob.html)

teejay 18-04-2006 06:04 PM

ok im a subi noob..

Yeah funny that. Despite being pretty involved in cars, my best efforts was my cousins old my 98 , and drives of the last two sti's, including the 2.5.

Despite all that , ive pretty much committed to buying the old snyper mobile.. which has changed alot since his times.

97 motor, sti box, still got the ugly gauges etc. Motec and VF30. Should go ok and look alot better with new dash and bonnet.
What i do need though, is some tutoring on Subi EJ20 life. How hard do you guys rev these things, whats the biggest issues etc? I the type of person who will drive 100% alot the time, so id like to know what im going to break...

I know the usual gearbox gags, but im sure there is alot more.

Also what can be done with RS's to upgrade brakes etc.. id love some sti brembos , and sus... seats too!

cheers guys

tj

NVRENUF 18-04-2006 06:12 PM

So tom heading over to subaru hey... Good to see. :)

trainwrex 18-04-2006 06:16 PM

what happened to the nissan tom??

hmm so wot exactly are u buying? a RS with a wrx swap?

[BANNED] 18-04-2006 06:33 PM

Tom,

Go and see Rob aka PROTOTYPE, I'm sure he'll talk your ear off about all of the available RS mods under the sun.

He's got an STi interior, brembos, the lot.

Just pop down to Speedworks any day of the week and he'll be there :)

All the best brother and welcome to the dark side!

-Dan

teejay 18-04-2006 06:42 PM

Yeah dude im good mates with Rob

dont trust him though ;)

i do, but i love discussion from many angles.

Tino, nissan sold, did a 1jz gte Cressida, the new owners on his way to pick it up... :)

This used to have the plates [snyper]

was a standard 4wd na liberty, had rs conversion, with motec. new owner bought it, popped box and motor, so its now got sti box and wrx motor, vf30.

BALISTC 18-04-2006 07:41 PM

Ahhh TJ, welcome to the dark side, no wait, the REAL side ;)

You've had it checked out havent ya? Take it down to The Shed and get the boys to have a look at it.

Andy 18-04-2006 10:22 PM

how long you gonna own this project tj? :)

teejay 18-04-2006 10:38 PM

aiming for a couple months, average is 6 :D

BALISTC 19-04-2006 08:22 AM

Dont be weak TJ, this one is a keeper! :)

Denver 19-04-2006 09:41 AM

weakness's as always, box and shafts, diffs to a degree, just don't be a tard with clutches, stick to sdingple plate organics and don't do limiter launches, and you'll keep it in one piece...

brakes etc all bolt on, like pissan nissan, no need for dog bones or spanky stuff like that, rims will be an issue depending which way you go, and suitable clearances will be required, read, new rims or spacers..

sests bolt in from other models, and most sus components are transferable, strut tops are different but can be worked around