Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   speakers problem (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/48141-speakers-problem.html)

Wrx_92 24-03-2012 02:12 PM

speakers problem

hey guys got my sound system installed last week etc with a 5 channel amp, and previously it was a 4channel amp. After starting up the engine the exhaust now interferes with one of the speakers?

cheers for help

GTB Liberty 24-03-2012 02:20 PM

The exhaust? Please explain.

Rossco 24-03-2012 02:44 PM

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Lol WUT?

Spence 24-03-2012 02:48 PM

The exhaust should never interfare with the sound system, proberly a loose terminal or something wrong with wiring

Wrx_92 24-03-2012 03:10 PM

oh should had explained more well the guy that installed it said its the exhaust. Cos when driving and accelerating such as higher rpm the exhausts gets louder. When that happens there's like a interference radio high pitch sound on the front speaker. Also as the car idles it more quiter. When engines off completely there sound isnt there at all.

Spence 24-03-2012 03:15 PM

Either speakers are rooted, amps rooted, wired wrong or that guy is just a fool?

Jezza 24-03-2012 03:26 PM

Check to see how the wiring has been routed. Most likely the power cables have been run together with the RCA/audio cables and when the car is at higher RPM, the alternator is running a higher current through the power cables and causing interference with the audio.

Try run the RCA and power at separate sides of the car. I'd imagine the guy that installed for you is a bit of a rookie if this is the case...

Brett Allan 24-03-2012 03:27 PM

There is a problem with the amp and speakers caused byt the exhaust, the ONLY possible problem that could be caused is the exhaust volume exceding the sound system volume, probably due to antilag.

Dodgy wiring, RCA, earth are to blame.

IMO check the earth.

as above too ^^

Wrx_92 24-03-2012 05:48 PM

oh ok aha i shall check it out and cheers for the info guys much appreciated:)

Rossco 24-03-2012 06:35 PM

Alternator RF interference.

Check engine to chassis Earthing.

mao 24-03-2012 07:10 PM

1) Yup chassis earthing is vital.

What you have is called 'storing' which is a high pitch noise due to alternator RF interference (as Rossco has mentioned).

2) Make sure Power cable and Ground cable is not laid beside speaker cables. Run Power and ground cables on one side of the car and speaker cables on the other side. EDIT: And RCA cables as Jezza has mentioned.

3) You can get the noise reducer from JAYCAR if it is due to poor quality cables.

TROLLEY 24-03-2012 07:34 PM

fucking LOL @ installer saying "it's the exhaust". Is this asshat working at a store, or a mate?

... what Rossco and mao said. I'm also going to bet RCA's have been placed alongside the power run.

Scooby 24-03-2012 08:19 PM

I agree, bad earth and or RCA and power leads next to one another. Check all the wiring for the amps

SyncSubaru 25-03-2012 12:20 AM

And get your money back for the install.

tris7an 27-03-2012 12:19 PM

Lol exhaust interfering so funny : D these guys have already nailed the problem on the head never run power with RCA cables but if you need help I'm more than happy to help you switch em over to the other side if you don't know what to do. I have pulled my Wrx apart many times to do my install ; )

Wrx_92 01-04-2012 06:55 PM

cheers for help and yeah they all run together

Wrx_92 01-04-2012 07:02 PM

note dont go private aha

ALPHA 02-04-2012 08:42 AM

No.. dont.

As mentioned above - ive seen this countless times.

RCA cables + power Cables + probably your speaker cables all bunched up into one neat little whirring noise making clump.

I'd do this:

Put your power cable down one side of the car, your RCA cables and the small "trigger - amp on/off cable" down the middle of the car then run your speaker cables out to each four corners - avoiding that power cable.

I would then check the earth "black/brown cable" thats coming out from your AMP - make sure its at least the same size as the red power cable going into the amp. Make sure the earth/negative/black/brown/whatever cable is secured to the frame of the car - metal on metal.

Then check the negative terminal on your battery - remove any crud build up and give it a general clean up.

If this doesnt work - remove exhaust - car will die - engine noise will go away.