Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   db for exhaust (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/4884-db-exhaust.html)

olite 26-04-2006 07:29 PM

i got a different story with this. when i got my permits i asked them to put my exhaust in the list along with all the other mods. the guy at welshpool pits said that he can't include exhaust & bov. apparently, and i quote, "as long as its not noisy its ok." when i ask him how do you define noisy and not noisy, he said its up to the inspector.

i reckon he's just lazy.

NVRENUF 26-04-2006 07:57 PM

I have been twice to the guy at whelspool and he didnt even check my car i asked for permits for Pillar guages and FMIC and Exhuast and Lowered springs. he just wrote them down and said done.. no worries.. though this time i took a copy of my old permits he did on last car and asked for same again..

olite 27-04-2006 12:43 AM

some ppl are more lucky than others i guess... same thing happened to my friend. took his sti there and got permits for everything without having to look at the car

d_generate 27-04-2006 02:20 AM

Sureley someone like narchi would have one, I think it's measured by putting the meter 1m behind & 3m across from the exhaust outlet.

Narchi 27-04-2006 11:45 AM

i dont own one but i can arrange it for anyone if you wanna see. By the sounds of it tho is a diff microphone and measuring device then the mics u use for spl.

so permits def a good idea? and welshpool seems the place to go?
If u go in to get permits and ur car doesnt pass. Do you get a yellow? is it a gamble

Mat 27-04-2006 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=Narchi]
so permits def a good idea? and welshpool seems the place to go?
If u go in to get permits and ur car doesnt pass. Do you get a yellow? is it a gamble[/QUOTE]

I dont think permits are all that good as my last two experiences have proven they are a waste of money (esp with other illegal / defectable mods on your car). If you can get a permit for something, then clearly it must be legal, so therefore constable care shouldnt be allowed to defect your car...

Surely there isnt much point spending $40 on permits for your gauges / strut brace and POD filter when the police have pulled you over for running antilag or showing the people on the Cappo strip what your BOV sounds like.

Although theres a few grumpy old men at Warwick pits, most of them are helpfull. Especially the young bloke working there. They said that they will try and permit all legal mods but they wont cause yoy grief unless your car is clearly dangerous / illegal.

olite 27-04-2006 01:15 PM

trust me mate, $30 for a permit is a perfectly good investment. of course, if ur caught displaying ur antilag then ur screwed. but i'm sure i'm not the only one who had been asked to pull over during rbt even though u registered 0 bac, then u hear those magic words: Pop the bonnet please sir

Narchi 27-04-2006 06:14 PM

Hmm only thing i keep getting checked up about is my ride height. Everytime im pulled up, a police officer pulls out the torch. Sometimes this can waste up to 5-10mins of my time. Id rather just pull out a permit and say its all good. BUt then i dont wanna have to get permits for all the other stuff i got on. Coz u pay per permit dont ya.

olite 27-04-2006 10:35 PM

yeah but that 30 bucks will include everything. of course additional items at later date will cost another 30. basicly its 30 bucks per inspection. minimum legal ride height is 10mm fully laden.

Narchi 29-04-2006 04:07 PM

u mean 100mm lol. And i didnt realise it was with weight. Mine sits at 98 mm with no1 int he car. Crap. I think ill just get permits wen i get a yellow.