Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Question regarding Brant. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/49153-question-regarding-brant.html)

STiV6 20-05-2012 07:55 PM

Question regarding Brant.

Hey,

I've been told of a few wrx's coming close to being nicked in my area at the moment so as I can't park in the garage at the moment I think it's best to actually turn this thing on.

I've got the Brant instruction book in with my owners manual etc, but I didn't find it too helpful with what's happening with mine.

The guy I bought it off gave me the code and everything although I can't seem to get it to work at all.

The keypad flashes the number 9 by itself, then every other number apart from 9 at once, then back to 9 and just repeats this process. I've entered the code a few times now and haven't had an issue with starting the car yet so I'd assume it's not working.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Avalanche 20-05-2012 08:19 PM

Disconnect the battery. Then reconnect, it should reset the system, do you have the code first of all?

STiV6 20-05-2012 08:30 PM

Yeah, I have the 4 digit code for it ready to go.
I was hoping that would fix it, was going to try when I got to work tomorrow (no tools at home)
But at the same time, didn't want to do it and of been given a dodgy code by the previous owner and be stuck at work unable to start my car.

Avalanche 20-05-2012 08:40 PM

Hmmm. Take it to Mao at evolution R, he will take the shitty brant out and replace with an autowatch. He takes care of us p-Wrx members well.

STiV6 20-05-2012 08:51 PM

Alright, sounds good.
I'll pm him on here and see if he can do a rough quote for me.
Cheers for the help.

nauli 21-05-2012 07:30 AM

If you search on this forum there is a thread with instructions of how to reset the Brant...it is a specific process... it's not just a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting the battery - that won't do a thing.

Avalanche 21-05-2012 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=nauli;679544]If you search on this forum there is a thread with instructions of how to reset the Brant...it is a specific process... it's not just a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting the battery - that won't do a thing.[/QUOTE]

Worked for mine but yeah, best read through thread.

Rexxar 21-05-2012 10:33 AM

something similar happened to my mates STI and we did the reset below and no problems since.

BRANT RESET

• You need two people to do this
• Your car battery must be fully charged and in good shape

(1) Disconnect car battery negative terminal for 5 to 6 minutes
(2) Hold down 0 and # at the same time on the keypad and reconnect the battery whilst still holding down
(3) Release 0 and #
(4) Enter 0 four times on keypad
(5) The keypad is now reset to accept your PIN

STiV6 21-05-2012 04:51 PM

Brant shut my engine off when I pulled into the driveway about 20minutes ago. Luckily neighbour was there to help me push her inside the garage, definitely need to do that reset tonight.

nugie 21-05-2012 05:10 PM

follow the brant reset from rexxar, I did it and the brant working good since, :)