Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   who knows jap spec 99 wrx's.... HELP (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/4949-who-knows-jap-spec-99-wrxs-help.html)

swan-dogg 28-04-2006 05:13 PM

who knows jap spec 99 wrx's.... HELP

i have come to yet another hold up on my epic journey to have my wrx licensed...
i replaced the aussie air bags and other components with the jap equivelent and was knocked bak from pits, their excuse, can't use 2nd hand air bags which we proved to the inspector and his superiors, no props. however as they don't like been told they are wrong they are just being c***s and now say we can't have the jap bags unless we prove they explosive components comply to the australian regulations :mad: i know its a long shot but does anyonehave any knowledge in this area or think they know some where that might? cars off to subi central to have a diagnostics print out...

urabus 28-04-2006 05:18 PM

dont mean to be too simplistic but just do what I did and take the bloody things out all together!

Cheers

Brendon

Miggidy 28-04-2006 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=urabus]dont mean to be too simplistic but just do what I did and take the bloody things out all together!

Cheers

Brendon[/QUOTE]

+1

take them out then put them back after

jEstEr? 28-04-2006 05:50 PM

apart from the fact its illegal to remove the airbags from a car that came factory fitted with them ?

Miggidy 29-04-2006 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?]apart from the fact its illegal to remove the airbags from a car that came factory fitted with them ?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Had a mate do it in his XR6, took them out and put them back in after pits

d_generate 29-04-2006 10:44 AM

I don't have airbags but dont the check lights come on when you turn the key on? Because trust me, now that he has upset them it will be fine tooth comb time and I think the fine for being caught doing that would be pretty nasty, don't forget all these guys are mechanics, good or bad they have a rough idea of what is going on & most of the tricks people try to pull they have seen over & over again.

Miggidy 29-04-2006 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=d_generate]I don't have airbags but dont the check lights come on when you turn the key on? Because trust me, now that he has upset them it will be fine tooth comb time and I think the fine for being caught doing that would be pretty nasty, don't forget all these guys are mechanics, good or bad they have a rough idea of what is going on & most of the tricks people try to pull they have seen over & over again.[/QUOTE]

true, How about swapping out MY99 Aus spec airbags with somebody then swap back?

d_generate 29-04-2006 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Miggidy]true, How about swapping out MY99 Aus spec airbags with somebody then swap back?[/QUOTE]
That's what I would suggest but he has fitted a Jap module so no matter what I think it's gonna be hard, and who knows......the car could be "marked" so it gets special attention and a yellow every now and then, might have to dig deep & fix it propper or do the same thing over & over every few months.