Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Vf23 Turbo (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/5137-vf23-turbo.html)

mr_psi 11-05-2006 05:46 PM

Vf23 Turbo

i have got one of these finally

however on the turbo one of the bolts is missin for the oil line i am pretty sure them funny nuts with a hole through them

the question is will the one of the stock TD04 match up to the one on the VF23?

davey06 11-05-2006 06:34 PM

hey man yeah the nut is called a banjo nut and it should fit hey the vf series dont change any off the oil lines or connectors so should be bolt off bolt on

mr_psi 11-05-2006 07:21 PM

awesome dude ya been a great help... thats what i thort they are called... thanks again

Miggidy 12-05-2006 12:23 AM

shit I thought the guy who used to play on the back of my bus was a banjo nut... wow the things you learn

BALISTC 12-05-2006 08:28 AM

Make sure you replace the copper crush washers when you remove the banjo bolt. You CAN reuse the old ones, but it'll only cost ya about 2 bucks if you go to your local Pirtek or Enzed and get a replacement set....bring the old washers with ya to match the size though!

If you install the banjo bolt with no washers (some people dont realise there are washers there cos they lose them in the removal process), you'll soon know about it ;)

mr_psi 12-05-2006 08:43 AM

hmm sounds interesting, yes i will replace them, sounds like a good idea

thanks alot dude, your pretty knoledgable, great help

much appreciated

teejay 12-05-2006 08:46 AM

joe > god

BLUES 12-05-2006 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Make sure you replace the copper crush washers when you remove the banjo bolt. You CAN reuse the old ones, but it'll only cost ya about 2 bucks if you go to your local Pirtek or Enzed and get a replacement set....bring the old washers with ya to match the size though!

If you install the banjo bolt with no washers (some people dont realise there are washers there cos they lose them in the removal process), you'll soon know about it ;)[/QUOTE]

...and here's another tip if you're buying a new banjo bolt - make sure the banjo bolt thread is properly matched to the turbo bolt hole thread, cause if you happen to de-thread either (or both) - open up the cheque book to fix it!!

BALISTC 12-05-2006 09:48 AM

This is true.

A banjo bolt with a different pitch wont screw in too far, maybe one thread before it stops....where as the correct pitch bolt will screw in very easily.

The VF series banjo is the same as TD04 though, so no problems there..

MY FP TD06 had a different pitch banjo fitting to the VF series, and I ended up buying a 13 dollar Earls banjo bolt in the correct pitch....BLING BLING :D

mr_psi 12-05-2006 11:27 AM

well i got the copper washers just then i will just swap the banjo's over to the new turbo....

both pirtek and enzed didnt know what i was talkin bout and i asked auto one and they said they dont know what "crushed" copper washers are so i just got the high pressure copper washers is that the ones?