Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Ordered new plates (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/54232-ordered-new-plates.html)

VUSSUTE 18-04-2013 09:04 PM

Ordered new plates

Just ordered my new plates today
STI VER 6, in slimline black acrylic

Really really surprised they were available??
Im wondering, since this car is in such perfect original condition. Is there any shows around perth that you could "Show" the car at. Would love to win a "Best original condition" award lol

or maybe i am just dreaming lol

Tiigga 18-04-2013 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=VUSSUTE;749091]Just ordered my new plates today
STI VER 6, in slimline black acrylic
Would love to win a "Best original condition" award lol

or maybe i am just dreaming lol [/QUOTE]

Darryl Kerrigan 1997

" That'll go straight to the pool room " ;)
" Tell him he's dreaming son " :p

V3 RA 18-04-2013 09:16 PM

Dreaming. Car isn't even that special, if there was such a how you'd have no hope.

VUSSUTE 18-04-2013 09:22 PM

really? The version 5/6 were the cars that started the STi continuity in australia. There are only 100 Version 6's in that colour. And finding one in good condition is very hard.
Also the GC8 body still has a loyal following. Well, this is my thinking. Correct me if im wrong. Is the Version 6 just another car....... I assumed they were pretty rare.

SyncSubaru 18-04-2013 09:29 PM

At the end of the day its still just a WRX/STi. You would need an RA-R or a 22B or one of the S series.

VUSSUTE 18-04-2013 09:30 PM

Where the RA's Aus delivered. I thought they were all imports. Thanks for the info

Spektre 18-04-2013 09:38 PM

I like it! Good pickup!

STI325V6 18-04-2013 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=VUSSUTE;749096]really? The version 5/6 were the cars that started the STi continuity in australia. There are only 100 Version 6's in that colour. And finding one in good condition is very hard.
Also the GC8 body still has a loyal following. Well, this is my thinking. Correct me if im wrong. Is the Version 6 just another car....... I assumed they were pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry mate, you've got the best model I reckon :)

Spektre 18-04-2013 09:40 PM

Perth underground occasionally have show and shines... Have a look there. Unforgotten car club of Facebook, they have some too

squid 18-04-2013 09:50 PM

also picked up custom plates today :)

and failing all of the above, attending some of the cruises, particular ones that go to cool locations to take photos (eg graffiti/coast/weird landscape etc) will probably be the best way to get your car out there and 'winning' - the trophy's of now-days seem to be more comments and shares on facebook and other fourms or re-shared or fav'd etc on other social media sites, then any gold colored plastic on wood...

Which, tbh, means fuck all.... doesn't mean i don't still play the game ;)