Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   i have a disorder..... MY13 WRX Mods (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/54874-i-have-disorder-my13-wrx-mods.html)

Lukes WRX 10-06-2013 03:29 PM

i have a disorder..... MY13 WRX Mods

So i feel the need to share this with everybody, i feel as though i have a disorder as im compelled to change something on my car every week...... So my question is I've done the following to my car, is there any more kool/useful and or tricks you think are a good idea to apply?..... And before i get completely bashed I've searched this forum like a pedo in a playground.... So ive learnt plenty.... This was purely a question from peoples personal experience's with 08+ wrx's.... Even cheap worthwhile mods that are recommended that i may have missed, or will benefit down the line (will be modifying & tuning at later date).... Currently i just want to enhance/personalise, drive & keep warranty.

Completed:
- Tuna's $10 mod for the Stock BPV
- Swiss cheese my air intake (properly with 2 x 45 degree pipes coming out of the holes i cut into the box, one in the wheel arch, one under the intake to prevent water intrusion)
- Replaced IC to TB intercooler hose (AVO) (stock was screaming)
- Fitted DRL strips to stock lights (each to there own)
- Replaced corrugated intake hose with an aftermarket Post MAF 3ply Silicone Hose.
- Replaced front & Rear door speakers with Autotek Mean Machine 100RMS 6.5" Splits.
- Fit an Alpine Type-S 12" Subwoofer in boot
- Replaced head unit with DIG OPTIONS fully options head unit with GPS, Reverse Camera, IPOD, USB, WIFI, STEERING CONTROLS etc..
- Fitted JDM racing lug nuts (red) (look fresh on black wheels)
- Booked in: Carbon fibre vinyl for bonnet, roof and bonnet scoop
- carbon fibre wrapped rear strip (above number plate)
- Replaced all internal bulbs for LED's

Any genuine suggestions?

Dan [GTI] 10-06-2013 03:33 PM

Go to the track and drive it like you stole it :D Enjoy your hard work.

RUSSGT 10-06-2013 03:42 PM

Dont do the carbon is my suggestion. Looks crap.

Also, as above. Drive the figgin thing.

Soksta 10-06-2013 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=davidsdh;757652]Might be worth a look, engine mounts, gearbox mounts, cross member bushings, diff bushings, subframe bolts, antilift kit, gearstick bushings.

Not sure if any of that is relevant to a much newer model but cheap mods and fun to do none the less.[/QUOTE]

Its makes a lot of difference, really gets rid of a lot of slop!
Would recommend this!

Lukes WRX 10-06-2013 03:46 PM

[QUOTE='Dan [MPS 3];757649']Go to the track and drive it like you stole it :D Enjoy your hard work.[/QUOTE]

This is new to me, i didn't realise you needed a track for that..... Haha I'm joking; but i would love to track my car at some point, i need a feel for all wheel drive again, last car was a 480rwhp xr6 turbo, so the new subie feels allot different.... The xr6 i had was only good for straight lines haha...... I done a 24 lap rally drive a while ago in a sti & an evo from adrenalin and loved it, was so much more fun than just stomping ur foot in the XR and wheel spinning......

Lukes WRX 10-06-2013 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;757651]Dont do the carbon is my suggestion. Looks crap.

Also, as above. Drive the figgin thing.[/QUOTE]

Each to there own :P i love the carbon wrap.... Have to hold myself back with that stuff haha..... And driving....i have been doing plenty of :)

Lukes WRX 10-06-2013 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=davidsdh;757652]Not sure if its the same with 08+ but I've been replacing bushings and crap like that left right and center with stiffer ones so I can feel every vibration through my spine. Might be worth a look, engine mounts, gearbox mounts, cross member bushings, diff bushings, subframe bolts, antilift kit, gearstick bushings.

Not sure if any of that is relevant to a much newer model but cheap mods and fun to do none the less.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comment :) i will be looking into this, to be honest i had already thought about the tranny pitch stop.... But none of the rest you suggested :)

Master D 10-06-2013 04:03 PM

Throw swaybars in with heavy duty mounting kits.
Lowered springs and sticky tyres. Found favourite road. Profit.

SyncSubaru 10-06-2013 04:03 PM

With wrapping the chrome - just do flat black. Much better. I hate the chrome - screams "Look at me im cheap!"

Lukes WRX 10-06-2013 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=SyncSubaru;757660]With wrapping the chrome - just do flat black. Much better. I hate the chrome - screams "Look at me im cheap!"[/QUOTE]

Dont wanna sound like a dick here, but its actually carbon fibre wrap... So matt black/sorta shiny black haha :) but i agree chrome would like nugget :P