Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Birthday Present to Myself (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/56499-birthday-present-myself.html)

Straner 07-11-2013 10:37 AM

Birthday Present to Myself

So my birthdays coming up later in the month and ive got up to $1500 to treat myself with something nice.

Decisions...

New wheels? or a few things like new lips, (cobb intake?), coilovers... or maybe something completely different i havent thought of..

the cars pretty standard at the moment with just a TBE, BOV and tune.

I'm way too indecisive. what to do..?

mavx4 07-11-2013 10:39 AM

the whiteline catalogue?

DukeDrifter 07-11-2013 10:39 AM

Well what do you want your 1500 to get you ? Handling ? Looks ? Power or do you want lots of small things so it seems like you've spent more ?

DukeDrifter 07-11-2013 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=mavx4;777377]the whiteline catalogue?[/QUOTE]

Yeah bushings, sways bars would do nicely.

Straner 07-11-2013 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;777378]Well what do you want your 1500 to get you ? Handling ? Looks ? Power or do you want lots of small things so it seems like you've spent more ?[/QUOTE]

Power is something i probably have to pass on at this point as RAC wont like me too much if i go any further. They have given me the green light for cosmetics though. so RIMs and suspension and looks are on the table.

Good sugestion with the sway bars, i completely forgot about them. I will add it to the list

GTB Liberty 07-11-2013 10:47 AM

Best initial upgrades I would suggest are sway bars and short shifter (preferably OEM as linkage is modified for short shift but same gear stick height). The short shift makes the gearbox a pleasure to drive.

thehowlfactor 07-11-2013 10:48 AM

Upgrade the stereo system?

Straner 07-11-2013 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;777381]Best initial upgrades I would suggest are sway bars and short shifter (preferably OEM as linkage is modified for short shift but same gear stick height). The short shift makes the gearbox a pleasure to drive.[/QUOTE]

Sorry forgot to metion, i have already installed a short shifter. The stereo system is also set too.

I have installed footwell lights, bluetooth system (silly premium models..)

Forgot about the little things..

DukeDrifter 07-11-2013 11:03 AM

I'd go swaybars, ht autos make some nice full lip kits, replace gearbox bushings and strut braces and you'll likely have spent your 1500

Soksta 07-11-2013 11:04 AM

[QUOTE]Whiteline Rear Diff Positive Power Kit
Whiteline Gearbox Positive Shift Kit
Kartboy Front Shifter Bushing
Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing
STI Group N Transmission Mount
STI Group N Pitch Stop Mount
STI Group N Right Side Engine Mount
STI Group N Left Side Engine Mount[/QUOTE]

Personally I would do this ;)
Gets rid of a lot of slop around the place and makes the car nicer to drive.