Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   My dilemma (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/57564-my-dilemma.html)

basil brush 20-02-2014 11:42 PM

Urgently need help with My dilemma

Am tossing with the idea of gettin rid of my modified wrx( not worth returning to stock for sale) and can't be bothered parting out to have it sitting in the drive way waiting for bits and pieces to sell

Any other options on how to part with it, have owned since new, car is regoed in QLD, now regoed in WA

04 sti,non dccd all usual bolt on mods, fmic, sr40, cai halteck ecu,230-250atw kW unopened engine 95,000kms
Black / yellow leather interior, defi, sound system dvd, coilovas,links, trailing arms, sway bars, earthing kit's, battery relocated to boot

Any advice appreciated, auction ?....

Cheers , shane

GX-REX 21-02-2014 11:07 AM

Is the car in qld or Perth?
If its in Perth then transfer it to wa rego. Makes it easier to sell as the qld rego won't apply to a new owner so it would be unlicensed.

T-WRX 07-03-2014 05:32 AM

The above is good advice. If you want shot of it quickly, just list it on eBay or something. It depends how much patience you have with parts, but it sounds like you don't want to go down that route.

basil brush 07-03-2014 11:19 PM

Really can't be stuffed ripping all the parts off of it, plus I don't have the original parts any more, had the fmic exhaust and a bit of other stuff done straight after it left the dealer, and has just continued the past 10 yrs

basil brush 14-07-2014 09:51 PM

Up date, have transfered to WA rego, which was quite painless, I have purchased am eom ecu as trying to find someone in WA that's tunes halteck's and has a 4 wheel dyno is impossible

So am now lookin for options utilising the with a factory ecu that may / should get me similar power with similar mods, ecutek etc etc

Regards

Emziee 14-07-2014 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=basil brush;803881]Up date, have transfered to WA rego, which was quite painless, I have purchased am eom ecu as trying to find someone in WA that's tunes halteck's and has a 4 wheel dyno is impossible

So am now lookin for options utilising the with a factory ecu that may / should get me similar power with similar mods, ecutek etc etc

Regards[/QUOTE]

Try Race Torque Engineering in Wangara for tune/dyno :)

s20525xxx 15-07-2014 12:25 AM

I thought halteck ecu is pretty good? Why switch to oem?

On oem ecu tuning, ecutek charges extra to lock the oem ecu for copyright reasons, thanks to MRT:mad:. Unless ur oem ecu has ecutek already. The same amount of money can be spent on a electronic boost controller, ie blitz sbc or hks evc6, they offer up to five boost settings:D.

All star(NOR) or evolution r(SOR) might be a better option, they have tuned many subarus, their base maps r just as good as ecutek's nowdays.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Kato 22-07-2014 07:07 PM

How much do you want for it?