Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dnbosiris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 06:33 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

WhyULook at standard level
Default Cold air intake 2013 wrx??

Hey guys,
I've said this before in pretty much all my posts, that I am pretty much retarded when it comes to car stuff but trying to learn.
I am going to get ecutek tune and tbe put on but also asked about cold air intake but have been told that no one does it on these models and some company's have even stopped producing them.
Is there a reason behind this??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

Something to do with the MAF sensor needing re-scaling and not being able to in the software. It took Sean a while to figure it out with Verso software, but he got it in the end and they can be fitted (I've got a Process West CAI on my MY11 STI with TBE and Verso Tune). Not sure if anyone has it with EcuTek. With just a TBE and tune, you won't get many extra ponies with a CAI if any, but it will sound AWESOME (if you like that sort of thing).
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

WhyULook at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIMUL8IN View Post
Something to do with the MAF sensor needing re-scaling and not being able to in the software. It took Sean a while to figure it out with Verso software, but he got it in the end and they can be fitted (I've got a Process West CAI on my MY11 STI with TBE and Verso Tune). Not sure if anyone has it with EcuTek. With just a TBE and tune, you won't get many extra ponies with a CAI if any, but it will sound AWESOME (if you like that sort of thing).
beautiful thanks for the reply I do love the sound of them. Any idea of a good bov? I dont want one of the really loud woosh sounding ones haha maybe just a high pitch whisle sort of thing haha. -_- love my explanations

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

with a TBE and a tune you won't get much more power from ditching the stock airbox. you will get a much louder induction noise and that's about it - that is personal preference. personally i prefer the stock airbox.
SUAVERNETT likes this.

Tags
2013, air, cold, intake, wrx