Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Deza992450@gmail.com at standard level
Default Help Needed. WRX 2015 no power.

Hi all.

Have been working on installing a new head unit today for my 2015 WRX. Pioneer x8550bt with toyusb and aswc-1 was testing the aswc was working and had a solid red connection. Turned ignition off and connected few more wires for head unit. Switched ignition back on and was getting no lights on the aswc unit. Turned ignition back off and also connected antenna plug into head unit and when testing again I found I had no interior lights working no door interior no visor and no front ceiling lights were working. I then found out that my ignition wouldn't start either was not even turning over just silence. I plugged in the MFD and reset the time and dates etc.. And when I turned off the ignition and turned back on the MFD was displaying default settings again. I thought I'd try disconnecting negative terminal on battery and plugging that back in again and nothing.. I've unplugged all head unit and Aswc connections now. I've noticed that when switching ignition off there seems to be some sort of like crackling or static ( hard to explain) noise coming from the engine bay that wasn't there before.

Got me beat.. I'm a noob when it comes to this.
Old 31-10-2014, 11:29 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deza992450@gmail.com View Post
Hi all.

Have been working on installing a new head unit today for my 2015 WRX. Pioneer x8550bt with toyusb and aswc-1 was testing the aswc was working and had a solid red connection. Turned ignition off and connected few more wires for head unit. Switched ignition back on and was getting no lights on the aswc unit. Turned ignition back off and also connected antenna plug into head unit and when testing again I found I had no interior lights working no door interior no visor and no front ceiling lights were working. I then found out that my ignition wouldn't start either was not even turning over just silence. I plugged in the MFD and reset the time and dates etc.. And when I turned off the ignition and turned back on the MFD was displaying default settings again. I thought I'd try disconnecting negative terminal on battery and plugging that back in again and nothing.. I've unplugged all head unit and Aswc connections now. I've noticed that when switching ignition off there seems to be some sort of like crackling or static ( hard to explain) noise coming from the engine bay that wasn't there before.

Got me beat.. I'm a noob when it comes to this.
Sounds weird mate... Maybe call a few car audio shops tomorrow you might get a friendly one who will help you over the phone. Alberts ossy :thumbup:Park
Old 01-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Deza992450@gmail.com at standard level

Thanks guys. I found the problem it was the backup fuse that blew. I will disconnect negative from now on my lesson learnt.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Nice username by the way.

Tags
2015, power, wrx