Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

neuro165 at standard level
Default Liberty 3.0r-b 6spd manual mods?

Hey everyone.
I have had a H6 spec b for a while and was looking at beefing up the power, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them or knows of someone that has.

There doesn't seem to be any places in Perth that have done anything on them except for an exhaust..

I have found this place over east that does a supercharger kit for them

Raptor premium Superchargers

Raptor Supercharger

Any thoughts or opinions will be greatly appreciated, except for the generic "you should have bought a STI" type comments.

Cheers peeps
Mark

Last edited by neuro165; 03-11-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Default 3.0 spec B mods?

Hey peeps,
I have posted this in another forum also, I am unsure which is the right one as I am a noob to these forums.

"I have had a H6 spec b for a while and was looking at beefing up the power, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them or knows of someone that has.

There doesn't seem to be any places in Perth that have done anything on them except for an exhaust..

I have found this place over east that does a supercharger kit for them

Raptor Superchargers

Any thoughts or opinions will be greatly appreciated, except for the generic "you should have brought a STI" type comments."

Cheers peeps
Mark
Old 03-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

alex48 at standard level

Shame you didnt ask a few days ago, a guy on the liberty forums had a full raptor kit for sale. He still has a few exhaust parts left. A place over east called pulse racing have done a twin turbo kit. Not sure if its mass produced though. You could also get a custom single turbo built like the might car mods build.

Finally, since it sounds like you relatively close to stock, you could sell it and buy an Sti :P
neuro165 likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:06 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Have you seen the Mighty Car Mods guys on youtube? They just finished a long-term project 11-sec car. Basically it was an old-school lib with a H6 transplant that they strapped a turbo onto. A lot of work cos they had to change over looms etc which you wouldn't have to do, but you would prob have to custom mount/dump pipe etc as I don't think there are any off the shelf options (could be wrong?)

Anyway, long story short, check out MCM for an idea of what they did mechanically, might help you out
Old 03-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Cheers man, yeah I have seen just about all of MCM videos, unfortunately I don't think there are any turbo yodas on this side of the country. Unfortunately my wife will not let me spend a huge amount of money (over 6-7k)... well to be honest she wont let me spend close to that, but I will have to talk her into it.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Welcome to the forums.

I have merged the two threads to keep all the comments in one place.
Top-Deck likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Scoobie Noobie

unkn0wn at standard level

Do you have a full exhaust system already, extractors back?

When you get the supercharger, they will be required, so if you don't already have them then it might be a good idea to get them...while your saving for the forced induction.

Im a fan of what MCM did, but they have alot of friends and cheap labour. Getting a shop to do all the work could end up quite expensive. I havent looked into it much, but i assume there is no of the shelf turbo kit for these?

if not, i would lean towards the SC kit, raptor do have a good name in the SC industry so i would say there kits are quality units. the good thing about a SC kit is that you will get your NA predictable feel with liner boost levels...making it great for a daily / daily you can give a squirt of the line and beat most cars.

don't get me wrong i love turbo, but more so a fan of buying a kit designed specifically for your car. at least if it breaks you have someone to fall back on.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

thebish at standard level

I thought they ran fairly high compression stock and performance gains were hard to achieve.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Thanks Unkn0wn, I have spoken to raptor, the throw in the the headers when you buy the SC kit, apparently a cat back system for a GT liberty fits with no problems and is only about 900 bucks. So that is not too much of a problem.

I have been looking around and there does not seem to be any turbo kits you can buy, I would prob have to do a custom kit which I think will be expensive.

Apparently the H6 is a tough motor and can take a bit. The SC should just be bolt on and go. I did provided a link in the original message to raptor. The only issue is tuning. It will have to be tuned because the SC with cause the motor to ping and lean out on the stock tune.

The kit looks like it has been designed for the car, which is good. The last thing I want to do is rebuild the motor because of putting too much boost into it.

Cheers for the help so far

Last edited by neuro165; 03-11-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebish View Post
I thought they ran fairly high compression stock and performance gains were hard to achieve.
Yeah that is what the dude from Stechnic was saying. He was open to the idea about the SC but he has not done one himself and wanted some more info about it.
I think even with an exhaust and headers you will not get too much power gain.. That's why I am considering a SC kit or something to that extent.

Tags
30, 30rb, 6spd, liberty, manual, mods, spec