Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Dyno (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/60182-dyno.html)

Mcclacker 23-12-2014 11:55 PM

Dyno

This might be an old question but any recommendations on a dyno company SOR that knows gc8 wrx's as don't want to pee around with someone who is prepared to "give it a go" but in reality is not sure. All I'm looking for is a session to optimize what I already have.

Cheers

teejay 24-12-2014 12:04 AM

some more info?

what is being done? power run? tune? what ecu?

mARC 24-12-2014 01:15 AM

I don't think anyone that lives SOR knows what they're doing.

Mcclacker 24-12-2014 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=mARC;813803]I don't think anyone that lives SOR knows what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

Ok NOR then? After explaining that its a stock WRX a few companies have already said "öh its a GC8" so TBH they have not filled me with confidence.

Top-Deck 24-12-2014 08:52 AM

Unless you have an upgraded ECU (Vipec, PowerFC...) then you wont be able to change any engine mapping etc during the dyno session as far as I am aware, so I'm not sure what you are looking/hoping to optimise..? That is probably why the tuners are a bit reluctant due to it being a GC8, as they know they won't be able to get any improvements during the session without bolting new bits on. Bugeyes onwards can be verso tuned but not anything pre-00.

Rossco 24-12-2014 11:38 AM

There's Ecutek for My99 Gc's so that limits you to using Maximum Motorsport (not that there's any problem with them) as they're the Ecutek agent in WA........

Ecutek on a my99 ecu is not worth the money in my opinion though, especially when a second hand power fc can be had for around $600 now and the PFC has better functionality.

nauli 24-12-2014 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;813814]Ecutek on a my99 ecu is not worth the money in my opinion though, .[/QUOTE]

Jamie Lister may disagree...

Rossco 24-12-2014 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;813815]Jamie Lister may disagree...[/QUOTE]

1 well known GC v's the number of modified GC's running after market stand a lone ECU options Pfc, Autronic, Vipec etc does not make a valid argument.

There are better plug & play options out there for the money that allow you to choose the tuner you want.

WREX 24-12-2014 06:10 PM

No one has the the Ecutek licence to tune GC8's in WA. Both MMS and RT at the
time didn't think it was worthwhile paying the extra Licensing fee to MRT to be able to tune them and Wisby and Lane were very familiar with Autronics and preferred to use that.
My Version 6 STi was tuned by Paul Fisher who was the head tuner for MRT at that time and they used to come over for regular tuning trips.
In my particular case it's worked out really well as I've had the same mods and tune for the past 10 years and don't intend on changing it as the car is still going strong on the original motor.
Cheers
Jamie

seagull 24-12-2014 09:14 PM

Jamie, mms have been tuning the 99/00 for the last 2 years I know of.