Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Factory warranty and custom tunes (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/60675-factory-warranty-custom-tunes.html)

Legalis 09-02-2015 11:04 PM

Factory warranty and custom tunes

Hi peoples
I am just about to take delivery of my first Subaru, 2014 Liberty GT Premium, when it lands off the train. I really want to give it a dump pipe and custom tune and wondering if there are any warranty repairers who have no issues with this (it still have 2 yr new car and 3 yr subaru assured warranty). My current VE Clubsport was tuned because Shacks HSV in Freo had no issues doing the warranty work even with it custom tuned. Hoping some dealers in WA feel the same way, otherwise i will be a sad panda :(

TROLLEY 09-02-2015 11:31 PM

If your engine goes pop, you won't be covered. They will lay potential blame on exhaust and/or tune.

Anything else unrelated to the engine will be covered.

joshrx 10-02-2015 12:11 AM

I *heard* Maximum Motorsport (Ecutek tuners) can tune the car as a Subaru option from factory, that may well include the exhaust package.

I will stand corrected to 1st hand information, so speak to your dealership about this.

** Actually, this may only apply to new purchases, not 2nd hand.. still check.

seagull 10-02-2015 01:05 AM

[url=http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/performance/ecutek]World No. 1 Performance Tuning Software Solution[/url]

nick73 10-02-2015 11:58 AM

Maximums and Racetorque both do Ecutek and the warranty offered by Ecutek only applies to new vehicle purchases I was told and also covers the tbe if supplied and fitted by those two companies. Norm Butler tbe.

Soksta 10-02-2015 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;816517]If your engine goes pop, you won't be covered. They will lay potential blame on exhaust and/or tune.

Anything else unrelated to the engine will be covered.[/QUOTE]

On a side note, is there potential to void the warranty on the drivetrain if you are modifying and tuning the engine for more power/torque output?

For instance, getting another 100 or 200nm of torque out of the engine is surely going to push something to the limit elsewhere?

joshrx 10-02-2015 12:45 PM

Thanks for the clarification Nick.

Soksta, I imagine the ecutek tunes on brand new vehicles are very conservative until they are better run in or warranty expires. Probably in area of 5-10% gains.

Legalis 10-02-2015 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=Soksta;816537]On a side note, is there potential to void the warranty on the drivetrain if you are modifying and tuning the engine for more power/torque output?

For instance, getting another 100 or 200nm of torque out of the engine is surely going to push something to the limit elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

This is my issue. Changing exhaust is no problems, I know the law regarding warranty, but the tune is a different matter. Thats why I was hoping some Subaru dealer had no issues, unless the tune was 100% provent to have caused the warranty issue. Shacks holden were great about it.

BOMB3R 10-02-2015 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=nick73;816535]Maximums and Racetorque both do Ecutek and the warranty offered by Ecutek only applies to new vehicle purchases I was told and also covers the tbe if supplied and fitted by those two companies. Norm Butler tbe.[/QUOTE]
EcuTek warranty!!!!! bwhahahaahahahahaha that's the funniest fucking thing I have heard all year so far!

Straight to the pool room with this thread once it's done!

nick73 10-02-2015 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=BOMB3R;816541]EcuTek warranty!!!!! bwhahahaahahahahaha that's the funniest fucking thing I have heard all year so far!

Straight to the pool room with this thread once it's done![/QUOTE]

It's only February, give it some time.

I have read your about your ecutek experiences. Was it on a brand new car, I can't recall from your thread?