Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Good coilovers for 02 WRX? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/62622-good-coilovers-02-wrx.html)

2DIE 24-08-2015 10:28 AM

Good coilovers for 02 WRX?

Does anyone have coil over recommendations for a 02 WRX?

I currently have KYB Excel G shocks with H&R lowered springs but its too bouncy over bumps, at stock height it was firm so I want to get it low without the bounce and get the firmness back.

I looked at the Blitz ZZ-R coilovers for about $1.3k shipped, thats the same price as BC coilovers including shipping but the Blitz are made in Japan while the BC are made in Taiwan.

Any others I should look into or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

s20525xxx 24-08-2015 10:43 AM

I guess I would be shot dead if I mention STD coilover :D

Standard come with 8kgmm spring all round, but u can order from 4 to 12.

~$1300 supplied, fitted and aligned, with local warranty.

I dont get paid to do this btw.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

2DIE 24-08-2015 10:56 AM

I haven't heard of them before but it sounds like a good deal, unfortunately I'm not in Perth so the fitment would be done myself and an alignment at a tyre shop.

Do you have them in your car, if so how is the ride and have you had anything else to compare them to?

Thanks again.

SolarFilms 24-08-2015 11:04 AM

I'm deciding myself bewteen the budget on 09 wrx. Typically have the option of ($1000-1600)you have std, bc, hsd and mca blues also kw v1. ($2000-3000) teins, kw v3 and mca reds.

Out of curiosity does anyone own a set of kw v1s on the forum?

Goosey 24-08-2015 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=SolarFilms;828931]I'm deciding myself bewteen the budget on 09 wrx. Typically have the option of ($1000-1600)you have std, bc, hsd and mca blues also kw v1. ($2000-3000) teins, kw v3 and mca reds.

Out of curiosity does anyone own a set of kw v1s on the forum?
using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

If you're just "considering" coilovers right now, I am also "considering" parting with my STD coilovers. Won't be until I'm back from Europe, but if there's no rush, keep it in mind. They currently have 12,000kms on them.

Brodz 24-08-2015 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=Goosey;828932]If you're just "considering" coilovers right now, I am also "considering" parting with my STD coilovers. Won't be until I'm back from Europe, but if there's no rush, keep it in mind. They currently have 12,000kms on them.

Very keen

astralex 24-08-2015 11:29 AM

Despite people's objection to BC, I've been running them for three or so years now, and apart from the fact that the roads in and around the area I live are horrendous, they have been one of the better handling mods I have done. I don't do track days anymore just the odd spirited drive up Gorge Road, and they're perfect for that. You're welcome to have a look at them some time.

TROLLEY 24-08-2015 11:33 AM

I'd get BC before STD. I would probably go MCA though. Local, and good advice/customer service from those who put them together over east.

SolarFilms 24-08-2015 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=Goosey;828932]If you're just "considering" coilovers right now, I am also "considering" parting with my STD coilovers. Won't be until I'm back from Europe, but if there's no rush, keep it in mind. They currently have 12,000kms on them.

Hey thanks! depends on price and condition id be more inclined to buy them new but that's the type of person I am. If not brodz seems happy to take em.

May I ask why the depart?

Goosey 24-08-2015 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=SolarFilms;828938]Hey thanks! depends on price and condition id be more inclined to buy them new but that's the type of person I am. If not brodz seems happy to take em.

May I ask why the depart?

Considering either going back to stock and selling or perhaps shocks and springs for a softer ride. I don't think I will be heading to the track at all from now on so I'll let someone else reap the benefits while I drive on a puffy cloud.