Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

I put the invite out the other week for the WAW.

Cue the tumbleweeds...

Ended going on my own which I am fine with, met some Ford and Holden guys who were equally appreciative of my car as I was of theirs.

^^^^Edit - Keen to meet Trolley and trash his place too.
TROLLEY, Damo69, amtrapid and 1 others like this.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Keen to meet Trolley and trash his place too.
Word on the street is that he has a pretty cute misses too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soksta For This Useful Post:
nick73 (12-12-2015), TROLLEY (13-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 08:35 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
I put the invite out the other week for the WAW.

Cue the tumbleweeds...

Ended going on my own which I am fine with, met some Ford and Holden guys who were equally appreciative of my car as I was of theirs.

^^^^Edit - Keen to meet Trolley and trash his place too.
Yeah I've been down on my own a few times and you always end up speaking to a few people with mutual respect for cars, some interesting characters down there at times. I'm just done with the peak hour drive on a Wednesday night to get 3 400m runs of my car with disappointing times. I'll go to rac from now on and get my disappointing times there
nick73 likes this.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

As part of the oldies (I'm 45) and only having my Subie for 5 years the wealth of real (as opposed to FB knowledge) is this group I hope sees this continue.

When I joined here the seemed to be a strained relationship between PWRX and WRXOCWA. which was odd as there were a number who were members of both and most played very nicely with each other.

Highlights of our year were events like the WRXOCWA driver training weekends both here in Collie and in Perth, WROCWA cruises eg York and PWRX day in Collie and the McRae cruise. All well behaved, good well run events and you could see the level of detail put into these events. (And the lack of D!(kheads factor)

Over the years I've seen a number of events organised, lots of enthusiasm when the event is first announced, but for those that cost a few $$$ people not paying and dropping out, causing issues with the organisers ensuring the event breaks even.

A few options, and they have been mentioned earlier, look at the events that are being held, and organised. Join in and pay the money (if required) ie support those events that are currently happening.

Look outside the box. Collie Motorsports Group is looking at 8-9 track days next year. This year they cost $90 for non CMG members if you have the LS2 licence, usually there were less than 20 cars so you could do a massive number of laps. (these events were subsidised by a few knuckle drager events) These were advertised a few times here by myself, and on WA Trackdays.

I also organised a cruise down this way the past few years, advertised on WRXCOWA, mainly as they were my first cruises organised for the black top, but will be advertised here next year, but thats in spring.

If you guys like, I could be redone in say Autumn, looking at 250km for the cruise with lunch in Nannup. Plus what ever your Km needed to get to Bunbury. (Really no different for what we do for the York McRae cruise)

Other options are looking at a general get together and cruise to established events, eg tomorrows Perth Speed Festival, and others (historics mentioned earlier), racing online, Friday lunch times. All cheap but social things that buils the network.

Really it takes a few to step up and help out, a few more to support/help out the organisers, and a few more to turn up, and off you go.

Talking in generalisations here, FB someone else wll do those bits, I'll say I'll go but will make my mind up when I wake up on the day.

Lots of Cudos to those who support this forum. I won't mention them as I'm sure to miss someone. The Subie group is a really good group, (perhaps doing a burnout at a shopping centre car park isn't really an AWD thing)

Talk to each other, (not abuse) play nice and have fun.

Tim
TROLLEY, silver_opal, Addy and 3 others like this.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 13-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic1 View Post
Prove me wrong P-WRX and show up in numbers to Craig's BBQ
LOL! Mine would be small and intimate, like a dozen people. Remember, I'm only in a 3x2 with a 20sqm alfresco and sand for a backyard!
Old 13-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Eagerly awaiting invite...
JRecardo and QRSTUVWRX like this.
Old 13-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Scoobie Noobie

garst at standard level

Obviously I'm pretty new here but I'd figure I'd throw my hat in the ring all the same.

I think the sentiments of others in regards to the facebook group are bang on, a lot of the sillier questions end up on there, leaving the quality here. One thing I think to keep in mind though is whatever ends up being organised here, will undoubtably end up being posted on there, and vice versa. Just means you'll never be able to keep all the less desirables out, but the more people that show up to stuff, the more likely it is they'll get organised again in the future.

As far as events go, lots of good ideas already, I'd just add is that motor sport stuff is probably not the most accessible for everyone, although theres always the opportunity to spectate.

Cruises can be good depending on their level of organisation and the map. Can definitely understand why people are apprehensive about them these days, given the exposure you can get if just ones person spoils the party. Maybe smaller more frequent stuff could work, organisation is not always easy though.

Social events can be a winner too, sounds like if its planned well most people on here would be interested.
Old 13-12-2015, 10:47 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by garst View Post
I'd just add is that motor sport stuff is probably not the most accessible for everyone, although theres always the opportunity to spectate.
Most amateur stuff (MC Motorsport, Collie, Antilag Supercruise) you only require a valid drivers license, fire extinguisher, helmet and long shirt / pants. So nothing ridiculous, plus once you make the initial purchase you can re-use the over and over again.

EDIT: myself and a few friends are booked into a Tuning Day on 15/01/2016 so any extra Dak Dak attendance would be appreciated.
RUSSGT and Addy like this.

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 13-12-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 13-12-2015, 11:01 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

^ love that skid that Russ did in the yellow bug. one of the best ive ever seen. soooo good
RUSSGT and silver_opal like this.
RUSSGT (14-12-2015)
Old 13-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Subaru Tech Division

It was epic back then and still epic now.

Tags
club, future, pwrx