Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
sorry but blah blah blah - this has come up more than once - oh hang on insert 'search is your friend' here bullshit.

Simple answer - when this was all new it cost circa $35-45k (hell that was over a years pay for me in '93 when I bought my 1st subaru) to buy one and then mods etc were hard to find other than an exhaust and springs let alone tuning a car.

Stance did not exist

Facebook did not exist (we had egroups)

Flash fwd - GC8's now cost the equivalent of a VK commodore of the day, large percentage of young blokes will go elsewhere when they pop a motor etc

The basic part of it all is to be part of a car community back when you actually gave a shit and it involved more than touching "F" on your smartphone.

Look at any "club" or forum - they are all struggling, number can't be filled for track days, generally posts are down daily, cruises are full of mongs.

Sorry there is no real solution as the baller, yolo shit culture is rife through cars and Subaru's are not immune.

There's plenty of decent members on here who would attend events and participate.

Events just need to be organised, promoted and well executed. The idiots will come and go.
Insome and amtrapid like this.
Old 14-12-2015, 04:19 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
There's plenty of decent members on here who would attend events and participate.

Events just need to be organised, promoted and well executed. The idiots will come and go.
Really? Is that why collie days have been cancelled in the past? Yes plenty of decent people, a lot less who actually stump up and go to (pay for ) the events.

You would probably find that those that have organised in the past and put up their hard earned to secure track days only to essentially end up funding it themselves or cancelling due to lack of commitment/funding have had enough and can't be arsed organizing anymore.

Go have a look through some of the old collie threads both PWRX and WRX Owners
GTB Liberty likes this.

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 14-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level
Default Future of PWRX

I've noticed that most if not all of those who organised events on Pwrx in the past, no longer participate in any sort of organised event or activity any more.

Edit - and that's why we have to start the ball rolling and get people into it again...
munya, Insome and amtrapid like this.

Last edited by Jezza; 14-12-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 14-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Yeah I am sad to see the decline in posts. It's the same with all the forums I'm on except an rc forum. That's prob because most people are older.

Facebook has deffo had a big influence on the decline of forums. Which is mega sad because Facebook can't have the same decent threads that forums do. It's just kids with plastidip and crap usually.

http://kap.industries/
Old 14-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Scoobie Noobie

garst at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic1 View Post
I have never quoted myself but........ I appreciate your not having a go directly at me and in the interests of personal bbq development

search my bbq / ribs threads, tell me how I can organise them better to attract more wrx owners - maybe do it for free

PS, im toying with the idea of doing a Booze, Boobs & BBQue on the 24th January 2016. $80 to $100 per person. all you can eat, drink and oggle.

You heard it here first!
Sorry, re-reading that it does sound very vague, I didn't mean to imply social events had been poorly run in the past.

As far as organisation goes, I honestly have no idea how to get more people around social events, it can be hard getting people together for stuff thats not necessarily related to the original interest that brought them together. On reflection I probably shouldn't have said anything, there was no point.

Moving forward, at the end of the day all that can be done is to organise a few events and hope that theres a big enough turn out to constitute organising them again in the future. If they're a flop, then thats just the way it goes and maybe forums like this will end up canned, but until they do its worth a shot. I for one are thankful that people are willing to take initiative and put something together, it can be a pretty thankless and tiring job as others have pointed out, but its often what it takes to keep these groups ticking over.
Top-Deck likes this.
Old 14-12-2015, 05:50 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

We also need to remember that there is a P-WRX facebook page so if it is more accessible for the majority maybe we all need to interact more on there as well as here .

But keep here as the bible of knowledge and more serious side of the group , questions, events, help . But have a more social aspect on the facebook page and move a bit with the times.
Old 14-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Sign me up!
bug love

munya at standard level
Send a message via MSN to munya Send a message via Skype™ to munya

As long as my car is running I see no problem in me participating and doing stuff been a while anyway and the teen boppers seamed to have moved to SOWA leaving this forum nice and peaceful again.

Disclaimer ....... I don't know much I just drive a lightly modded bugeye with nearly every bolt-on go fast bits....
grumpyrex and amtrapid like this.
Old 14-12-2015, 08:56 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

If it weren't for my car looking more like a bare shell than anything else I'd be throwing my hand up for more events, the old 2011-2013 cruises I went on were (almost) the most fun I've ever had in my car. Nice to see the forum activity has picked up the last few days though.
amtrapid likes this.
Old 15-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ZiN at standard level

I'm new to P-WRX but I'm old (34) and drive an old car, when cars are sold they're sold to someone.

"old pub lunches, captain munchies runs, Sunday morning blats, ribs nights and even the odd arvo with a group in a garage" They all sound good to me.

I'm a bit nervous about track days, not so much the cost but more that I'm a noob and my car is my daily. But I'd love to spectate and learn more, in future I've love to join in when I can.

I don't use Facebook much...
munya, Bram and amtrapid like this.
Old 15-12-2015, 08:43 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rslib72 at standard level

This is a great site and and anyway I'm one of those oddballs that doesn't use Facebook. The runs like dwellingup basically going for a cruise and feed sound great. My poor old RS lib is sick at the moment. I have been in denial that my headgasket is leaking under boost now going through blowing all the old hoses on the car under pressure. To me this site has always sorted out the knobheads quite quickly that's why I like it.

Mark
TROLLEY and amtrapid like this.

Tags
club, future, pwrx