Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff
Default TurboTech?

Anyone had any good or bad dealings with TurboTech?

Been looking at getting a new turbo and thought id support a local buisness. But they are almost impossible to deal with. Firstly the price on the website is now about $200 less than "the current cost". Ive been on the phone to them about 4 times now (first Peter, then Bill i think). And they have been incredibly hard to get a straight answer out of them. They wont return calls, and just seam to fob me off everytime i call. Its as if they do not want to sell turbos?

I even ordered a Turbo from them (via Peter when i first called), and did a phone credit card purchase over a week ago. But the CC hasnt been billed yet. When i ask whats happening, i get told they will look into it, and call me back. Apparently Peter is now on holidays or some shit. Havent had one return call yet. I asked if the turbo was in yet? (Had to order it in) and yesterday get told a new turbo has arrived but it was the wrong one or something. And im still awaiting a call back if it is correct or not. Supposed to call me first thing this AM and let me know.

I dont know what the fuck is happening. Im getting sick of calling them asking whats happening, without any answers or even the decency to return my calls. I think i should cut ties with them as it is clear they are not interested in my buisness. But i dont want them to mysteriously charge my CC in a months time or something saying that ive ordered this turbo. After ive already ordered another from a more reputable buisness like GCG. (Who ive had great experience with in the past)

Is this normal?
Old 04-08-2016, 10:09 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

I've had dealings with them but for hoses and clamps and so on.

Walk in, do business face to face.

All I see when reading your story is : "credit card phone order" .... and having once worked in retail myself, they're the shit orders that you want to avoid.

Go see them
Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
I've had dealings with them but for hoses and clamps and so on.

Walk in, do business face to face.

All I see when reading your story is : "credit card phone order" .... and having once worked in retail myself, they're the shit orders that you want to avoid.

Go see them
Yeah. I called. Tried to order. They were reluctant to order without a payment..... they wanted to do the CC over the phone so they could then bring the turbo in for me.

Anyways. Less than 10mins after posting. I got a call to say its all ready. Shall pop in during lucnh or after work and see.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:16 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Arseholes.

Called me and told me the turbo was ready today. Go there during my lunch. Get turbo. Turbo is wrong one. Its a 3071 not a 3076. Order was a 3076. Invoice states 3076. Actual turbo is a gtx3071r.

How fucking hard is it? I said i wanted the 3076. I explained it over the phone that many fucking times. Ots just a waste of everyones time.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

If you decide to pull the plug. MTQ have a pretty good reputation.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:18 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

What shits me right off is that yesterday when i called. He told me :

"yes a turbo has just come in. But it looks like the wrong one. This part number cross to a 3071."

I said :

"I ordered the 3076, thats what i discussed the first time with peter."

He said :

"Ill have to double check and call you tomorrow."

Then when he called me back, he told me

"Yes, turbos here, its the right one"

So i know they knew it was the wrong turbo, and they were happy to still supply it knowing it was not the correct part, hoping i would not realise. Its dis-honest bullshit like that that fuks me right off.

today i drove all lunch brake across town and back to pick it up. Get it back measure the wheels and cross refference the PN on the CHRA myself, and sure enough, wrong fucker.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:06 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

So. Cheap cunts ordered replacement turbo with cheap road frieght. Because dont want to pay frieght twice. Tight arse's. You think after all the lousy service so far theyd get it in an express air bag.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

What a bunch of clowns. Business must be fairly fucking bad (hardly surprising?) if they're skimping on postage to help appease a customer who has been fucked around. Total imcompetence.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

I've dealt with them years back and they've obviously not picked on their shit customer service level. When you call them up and if they say someone will call you back you'll be guaranteed to chase them as no one ever calls back and email response was the same.
I must say I've had a rather good service from both gcg over east and mtq. Last time I've used mtq they didn't have the turbo in stock and I've ordered it that afternoon Went and picked it up the next morning at 10am after it got in from QLD. They've all responded to emails and answered anything and went out of their way to make sure I as a customer was satisfied.

Pretty shit as I always like to support the local business but they just don't deliver and someone across the state gets the sale as they know how important customer service is and actually do as they promise.

My suggestion would be to use gcg or mtq malaga. If they don't have the goods in Malaga and have to get it in its a overnight wait x east.

Can only imagine how frustrated you'd be and they are just fucking the dog now.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:55 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZENCI View Post
I've dealt with them years back and they've obviously not picked on their shit customer service level. When you call them up and if they say someone will call you back you'll be guaranteed to chase them as no one ever calls back and email response was the same.
I must say I've had a rather good service from both gcg over east and mtq. Last time I've used mtq they didn't have the turbo in stock and I've ordered it that afternoon Went and picked it up the next morning at 10am after it got in from QLD. They've all responded to emails and answered anything and went out of their way to make sure I as a customer was satisfied.

Pretty shit as I always like to support the local business but they just don't deliver and someone across the state gets the sale as they know how important customer service is and actually do as they promise.

My suggestion would be to use gcg or mtq malaga. If they don't have the goods in Malaga and have to get it in its a overnight wait x east.

Can only imagine how frustrated you'd be and they are just fucking the dog now.
The return call thing is an absolute fucking joke. Literally the only Bill called back was when he called to tell me to tell me the wrong turbo was ready to collect.

And yes, i have dealt with GCG 2 or 3 times over the years and every time was a great experience.

Anyways. I called today before lunch to see if it was ready. So i could go in during lunch to collect. And was told it isnt in yet because of the road frieght. (Was supposed to be ready tuesday.) Anyways. Straight after my lunch break was over the receptionist who i spoke with called back to say it was in. (Just after my last angry ranting post). So i went in after work and got it. I took my trusty verniers to check and opened it up on the front counter and measured the wheels infront of them. It looks right this time.

As i said earlier, i dont care too much about the incorrect order. Mistakes happen, ive made plenty. What drives me mental was the lying about it trying to pass it off as a 3076 when it was infact a 3071. Wasting my time driving across town to collect a turbo they knew was wrong.... that and the lack of return calls etc. And the otiginal guy forgetting to order then disapeering on holidays.

Tags
turbotech