Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Autowatch 446Rli.

100x better than Brant.

Mao @ Evo R installed mine and ripped out the POS Brant.

Has glass break, shock and ultrasonic sensors + I've added the window close module.

Very happy with it.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Soksta, Lasoya and carlbond1982 like this.
Old 26-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Scoobie Noobie

carlbond1982 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
Some people on here have upgraded from the stock Brant alarm to an Autowatch alarm.
Cheers I will have a look into it

type25 well there are no decent installers in the area so I have to go a few suburbs away and I never give out my address as it is not really needed, if I need to give out anything i use my po box. There is nothing special about the car I just don't want it stolen, as one other person mention someone talking to his mates down at the pub about working on the car. These sort of cars are worth a bit of $$$ scrapped.
Old 26-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Allan View Post
Autowatch 446Rli.

100x better than Brant.

Mao @ Evo R installed mine and ripped out the POS Brant.

Has glass break, shock and ultrasonic sensors + I've added the window close module.

Very happy with it.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Ill check out that model
Old 26-08-2016, 10:48 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bandit at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Bandit

The Brant alarms were all installed the same way , as per Subaru's demands. Each car came with it's own set of codes for each specific VIN and were of a random assignment. Saying you don't know who installs a system at your local audio shop only carries the same risk as the person(s) who installed your Brant systems when they came off the boat. Having been in and out of the industry since 1999, I am yet to come across an audio/security "apprentice" as has been worded somewhere in the thread. The Brant alarm itself, while not everybody's cup of tea, I have found to be quite a reliable system - with the only real issue I have found being the range you get to unlock the car - sometimes I find myself having to stand rather close to the car before it arms/disarms. The Brant keypad immobilisers are known for being troublesome. There is a replacement aftermarket keypad system available, only downside to it being that it doesn't come with an anti-hijack option.

If one were to insist on going aftermarket for the full alarm system, there are a number of systems available. Some of which can operate from the factory Subaru key (like your Brant does) as well as some that come with their own remote controls. The level of security doesn't change a hell of a lot, depending how many "bells/whistles" you feel you need in a car alarm. Autowatch as a brand no longer have their own supply branch in WA although they're still available to obtain; and while they are known for being a reliable system among the "cool crowd," it may be worth shopping around as there are other options available for various budgets that can still offer a great level of protection. I would advise against fitting your own system unless you are sufficiently experienced, to help avoid damaging BCMs etc; not to mention insurance purposes etc. From an installer's point of view, as well as being a life-long car enthusiast, it's not worth taking risks/shortcuts, especially when it comes to protecting your hard-earned pride & joy.
bumpstop likes this.
Old 26-08-2016, 10:54 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bandit at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbond1982 View Post
Anyways I think it kind of went off topic and got Hi jacked with everyone's opinions/advice which I really do appreciate.

Still down to the question. Where is there a place in WA that has experience in installing the Brant system? and what other Systems are out there that can do the same thing?
Action Alarms were the "go-to" people for Brant in WA. Not sure if Brant systems are still available though. Maybe give them a call.
Old 26-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Action Alarms were the "go-to" people for Brant in WA. Not sure if Brant systems are still available though. Maybe give them a call.
Thanks I gave them a call and they can install a similar system. I'm only interested in a key pad system with add ons, as you can spend $1000 -$2000 on a system but it's worth nothing if they steal your keys which is more common then hot wiring a car.
Old 27-08-2016, 07:42 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bandit at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbond1982 View Post
Thanks I gave them a call and they can install a similar system. I'm only interested in a key pad system with add ons, as you can spend $1000 -$2000 on a system but it's worth nothing if they steal your keys which is more common then hot wiring a car.
Yes. Unfortunately, this is the case these days...

Tags
brant, installer