Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Poor Customer Service (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/7852-poor-customer-service.html)

REXPRESS 14-10-2006 08:30 PM

Poor Customer Service

Was ringing around the other day getting some quotes on getting some gauges fitted.
I got quotes ranging from $300-$700 WTF......
But what really pissed me off was the 2 workshops that said they would ring back and didn't bother.
Do they have that much business that they don't need anymore.
I wonder what their bosses/owners would say if they knew they were lossing business because their staff couldn't be bothered phoning people back.
1 of the guys is a P-WRX member and he knew I was a member. :cussing:

Mister Two 14-10-2006 08:49 PM

PM Me the names of these offending workshops and people... I'll make sure to stay away. :mad: :mad: :mad:

tuna 14-10-2006 09:02 PM

a lot of car shop busineses are understaffed (i cant think of any who can cope with the demand atm) and a lot of car shops deal with 'gunna's so its not uncommon (in my experience) to rarely get a return phone call.
ive always found it better to visit a shop in person, not only do you get an answer there and then, but you get an honest response on whether you ort to shop their or not.

EXPLICIT 14-10-2006 09:11 PM

No, a majority of workshops have absolutely no idea of ideal customer service. The norm, get used to it. There is NO excuse for lack of customer service, be it a wannabes or a direct sale the bloody secret to business is unbridled customer service, and the quicker these grease monkeys realise this the better the industry would be and more faith would be instilled in the industry (funnily enough you'd make a decent dollar too). I have a saying with a friend of mine.....'You can't even THROW money at them!!!'. Good luck.....learn and diy at least you'll have satisfaction.

Mister Two 14-10-2006 09:15 PM

If these workshops cant take 1 minute out of thier busy schedules to return a call then I wont be handing my car and my money over to them.

If they are so busy, they cant return a call, it must mean they are really raking in the cash seeing as they are so busy. And since they are making so much money, maybe they shouldnt be stingy and hire someone to take care of customer service. :mad:

REXPRESS 14-10-2006 09:16 PM

Its not my fault they can't get any staff, its the same everywhere.
I shouldn't have to drive 30-40km from SOR to a decent Workshop NOR just to get a bloody quote - the other 3 places quoted me over the phone no probs.

tuna 14-10-2006 09:33 PM

ahh well, such is life

Shinobiken 14-10-2006 09:44 PM

its not just car workshops, alot of the other shops like stereo places said they'll call you when the job is done, but either they'll call just b4 they close at 5 and want you to be there within 5 minutes or you have to keep calling them to see if the job is done.

maybe they couldn't be bother to wash their hands for the phone call then work on car and get them dirty again

Intra 14-10-2006 10:50 PM

welcome to oz, with dole and other slacker incentives, we have bred a very lazy workforce..

and they say we wanna compete on a global scale..haha laughable.

get rid of dole, force people to work.. fixed i say..

rextum 14-10-2006 11:52 PM

There are 2 workshops NOR that motorsport is more their preference than looking after us, i'm guessing it's one or both of them so you just gotta face it if you deal with them you have to be patient, especially with rally australia in a couple of weeks.