Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Advice Please!Ecu & Frount mount (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/8548-advice-please-engine-control-unit-frount-mount.html)

CmA5H3D 19-11-2006 04:30 AM

Advice Please!Ecu & Frount mount

its come to that time where my car just feels slow,so its time for some upgrades,i wanna get a frount mount and a ecu put in.What Ecu do you guys recommend for my 99wrx?Also what order should they go in and are there any inbetween steps or parts i need to take?Any advice would be greatful guys!

maddog 19-11-2006 07:49 AM

Oh boy, what a can of worms...You got it right when you said you want a front mount...cause you don't need one.
ECU options:
1) Second hand unichip and boost module. Has some resale and is very affordable. Helped my MY99 to a 13.1 TD04 qtr and faster than enough cars on this forum to support my recommendation. Also very economical & started perfectly.
2) Ecutek...if you want to deal with the one tune fits all bs that they sell. Or spend and arm and a leg for a custom Ecutek 3..then try and resell?
3) Verso Tune?? Check with the experts this forum, should be an economical option with all the benefits of a Ecutek 3 with out the bs cost.
4) Link, Autronics and Motec in that order.
Disclosure I use a Motec M800 with a TD04 +tmic that slides down the qtr ET 12.83 at 106mph :evil5:

IMPRESHER 19-11-2006 08:59 AM

Go for a cheapo fmic of e-bay and whats left of the cash get a Autronics or Motec cant go wrong.

tuna 19-11-2006 09:01 AM

why get a frount mount? all the do is create lag and lean out poorly tuned cars.

IMPRESHER 19-11-2006 09:07 AM

Hehehe so why you like lag ?

UNDRGND 19-11-2006 10:59 AM

tuna's right - stick to your top mount (sti) get the sti scoop and the zerosport splitter - does the job

as fot he ecu - this may be a bit bias but Motec is the way to go!!! and only get someone like Sean to tune it.

tuna 19-11-2006 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=rexzist1]Hehehe so why you like lag ?[/QUOTE]

i dont understand what your on about sorry.

tuna 19-11-2006 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=UNDRGND]tuna's right - stick to your top mount (sti) get the sti scoop and the zerosport splitter - does the job

as fot he ecu - this may be a bit bias but Motec is the way to go!!! and only get someone like Sean to tune it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, stick to the top mount and monitor your manifold inlet air temps, if they get too hot (too much boost) then thats a good time to reach for a front mount, till then- enjoy spool!

BALISTC 19-11-2006 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=rexzist1]Hehehe so why you like lag ?[/QUOTE]

Stacey's FMIC setup is a little bit different to most....it reduces lag rather than increasing it!

CmA5H3D 19-11-2006 11:57 AM

oh i see,so front mount not the way to go at the moment?as for the ecu the guys at mms recomend the autronics,costing me around $3000 which i can get my hands on.Any of you guys know how much the motek is?hopefuly after this ill give my house mate a good run in his s15 befor he puts a bigger turbo in it,currently doing 220-250kw at the wheels lol i wish