Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by impresser
Work for Rac do ya ??
read his sig
Old 24-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Banned

impresser at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
read his sig
Click
Old 25-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

Quote:
Work for Rac do ya ??
Yes he does work for the RAC (as do I) therefore he knows what he is talking about.

I can only guess that you have had an RAC inspection done before and wern't happy with it if you are bagging them????
Old 25-01-2007, 10:09 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shinobik at standard level

When I sold my car and the buyer did a full RAC comprehensive inspection on my car ( mr-2 gt ).

I was watching him do the inspection, honest to god you could do all the stuff yourself!!! suppose I advise these RAC inspection for people that dont know how anyfing about cars.

Also in the "comprehensive " report they use very strange language to discribe " wtf is a front cam panel " I thought it was the front fender?
and my exhaust was tooo loud? my exhuast is quiet compared to those riced up lancer with cannons.

Well and it wasnt cheap, cost the buyer $249!!! such a rip off!!

well that my two cents about it
Old 25-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Subaru Tech Division

The idea of the inspection is so that you don't get ripped off by buying a lemon. If you know about cars you can do it yourself. Check body panels for repairs, check brakes, check for oil leakage/usage etc. Some people have no idea, like my mate who bought a Sylvia and had to get the head done not long after. Luckily I did the work for him otherwise it would have cost him about $2k. I'll admit that if you are buying a 'fully' moded car then a performance workshop would be a better option, but for a stock car you can't go far wrong with the RAC.

P.S. I do work for the RAC, but have always trusted them as they are the bigest motoring organisaion in WA.

It's up to you who checks your car though...............
Old 25-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4LUTION

I can only guess that you have had an RAC inspection done before and wern't happy with it if you are bagging them????
Not me (I know better ) but yes young apprentice from work had rac check over his rodeo before he bought it gave him the thumbs up even told him that it was a good buy. The NEXT day he brought it to work and asked me to have a look as it seemed to run rough on idle. I gave it a quick look over and to my suprise the engine oil was a little milky ( blown head gasket ) the auto trans fliud didnt even register on the dipstick had to add 1.5 litres and the box doesn't leak it was just low and the radiator had a leak from the top tank.
But I do relize that the RAC is a state wide organization with many employees and that some will do a better job than others so if i have offended then i apologise
Old 25-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Not me (I know better ) but yes young apprentice from work had rac check over his rodeo before he bought it gave him the thumbs up even told him that it was a good buy. The NEXT day he brought it to work and asked me to have a look as it seemed to run rough on idle. I gave it a quick look over and to my suprise the engine oil was a little milky ( blown head gasket ) the auto trans fliud didnt even register on the dipstick had to add 1.5 litres and the box doesn't leak it was just low and the radiator had a leak from the top tank.
But I do relize that the RAC is a state wide organization with many employees and that some will do a better job than others so if i have offended then i apologise
Did you know that the inspections carry warranty. If they miss something they are meant to fix it or something. (Not sure exactly how it works)

P.S. you didn't offend. I just stick up for my company
Old 25-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4LUTION
Did you know that the inspections carry warranty. If they miss something they are meant to fix it or something. (Not sure exactly how it works)

P.S. you didn't offend. I just stick up for my company
Cool no didn't know that they had a waranty will let the bloke know that

Tags
inspection, performance, vehicle, workshops