Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   The URABUS project (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/9727-urabus-project.html)

urabus 16-02-2007 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=Wrexx]weird i just called them and said that they are just wholesalers who sell out to dealers etc..he thort i was talkin bout the clear cover for my car all he knew was about the STi ones =/[/QUOTE]

It is the STI one that you are chasing. I have an account with them but surely it would still be less than $15 from your local dealer. I would just ring them and get them to order it for you.

Cheers

Brendan08 16-02-2007 03:15 PM

ok thanks man

urabus 14-07-2008 01:44 PM

Quick update re the car seeing as it has been ages. I hav not entered any events so far this year because I have been working up in sunny kalgoorlie.

I have entered Dutton this year again and in the process of entering targa west. Targa is turning into a seriously expensive exercise.

As for the car I have done a few things to a) get some more weight out of it and b)make it handle / stop better.

I will post some photos up when I get home at the end of the week but young ray is now sporting the following:

hydraulic handbrake
braided brake lines
lightened flywheel
sti fuel pump / surge tank setup
whiteline roll centre kit
whiteline underbody front brace
peltor intercom with normal helmet headsets and also practice headsets.

In order to make her good for targa I will have to put a pea shooter exhaust on and install a rally computer. Obviously a retune aswell.

Also on the path for some proper front brakes bearing in mind that I have to run 16" rims.

Cheers

Brendon

WRC 15-07-2008 09:44 PM

With all your weight reductions are you going to have to use ballast to get back up to the homologated weight for your car Brendon?

Are you allowed to run under M2 with a hydraulic handbrake?

nauli 16-07-2008 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=urabus]Quick update re the car seeing as it has been ages. I hav not entered any events so far this year because I have been working up in sunny kalgoorlie.

I have entered Dutton this year again and in the process of entering targa west. Targa is turning into a seriously expensive exercise.

As for the car I have done a few things to a) get some more weight out of it and b)make it handle / stop better.

I will post some photos up when I get home at the end of the week but young ray is now sporting the following:

hydraulic handbrake
braided brake lines
lightened flywheel
sti fuel pump / surge tank setup
whiteline roll centre kit
whiteline underbody front brace
peltor intercom with normal helmet headsets and also practice headsets.

In order to make her good for targa I will have to put a pea shooter exhaust on and install a rally computer. Obviously a retune aswell.

Also on the path for some proper front brakes bearing in mind that I have to run 16" rims.

Cheers

Brendon[/QUOTE]

Brendon, for Targa West you will need to be very careful interpreting regs for the class you're entering as I've heard they are going to be a little tougher this year...eg you may not be able to run things like roll centre kit & underbrace.

urabus 16-07-2008 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=WRC]With all your weight reductions are you going to have to use ballast to get back up to the homologated weight for your car Brendon?

Are you allowed to run under M2 with a hydraulic handbrake?[/QUOTE]

Homologated weight for a V5 GC8 is about 1150. I am still at around 1200 so I can still cut things like the side instrusion bars etc out.

M2 says you have to run a normal handbrake aswell. I am still trying to sort ot which class I will enter as it may be easier to enter Production rally car. Trying to make sense of the regs is a pain in the ass.

Brendon

jEstEr? 16-07-2008 06:20 PM

PRC means you need a restrictor yes?

WRC 16-07-2008 06:20 PM

Yerp.

jEstEr? 16-07-2008 06:30 PM

Then whats the point? Does Jim Richards run a restrictor?

danman 17-07-2008 08:10 AM

I would say that there is no restrictor in Jims car but from memory he runs in either M1 or M2 as his GT2 is nearly stock.