Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Impreza (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/impreza/)
-   -   Cobb Ap (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/impreza/60489-cobb-ap.html)

kingwrex 25-01-2015 05:28 PM

Cobb Ap

Hi guys two issues one post here. Firstly i have an 06 wrx 130k kms on it. Pushed it a bit over the 600k ive had it nothing crazy though. Got an engine light but no effect in driveability could be turbo back exhaust not sure. This leads me to the second part. Has anyone got a Cobb AP they could load a stage 1 map up for me for a carton of beer? My understanding is the map remains regardless of the connection of the COBB. Also has anyone got diagnostic terminal i could come around and use? thanks

seagull 04-02-2015 09:23 PM

I let this one go for a few days to see if any one responded.
I am sorry to say the cob AP does not work on the AU delivered Subaru. One day I hope it works as then the need to go and get a tune will be made very simple.
I think it was Jarrod from Vision r was saying the cob guys were out her prior to Xmas with the GTR guys doing training days.
It is a amazing bit of kit as you can see quite a few top tuners in the USA using them.

seagull 13-02-2017 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=seagull;816239]I let this one go for a few days to see if any one responded.
I am sorry to say the cob AP does not work on the AU delivered Subaru. One day I hope it works as then the need to go and get a tune will be made very simple.
I think it was Jarrod from Vision r was saying the cob guys were out her prior to Xmas with the GTR guys doing training days.
It is a amazing bit of kit as you can see quite a few top tuners in the USA using them.[/QUOTE]

I have to email Cobb and tell them the Subaru here is working just fine with the unit they supplied.

Captain Buff 13-02-2017 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=seagull;844981]I have to email Cobb and tell them the Subaru here is working just fine with the unit they supplied.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suggest you do mate!! I really would look seriously at one but I just want a nice ride and some tunes...I'm not being the 'WA Cobb Guinea Pig'.

Until then a wise man said 'put your mods on, get it tuned and GTFO'...sounds good to me. This is my daily remember; I'm not rebuilding older models and have another daily like most dudes here...

Peace man,
Josh

Sent by me.

TROLLEY 13-02-2017 11:10 AM

Engine builders/mechanics will love the COBB unit. I envisage any release here in Australia will see their build quotes quadruple, LOL.

yeahnah 13-02-2017 03:17 PM

Surely can't be 'tooo' difficult for the slack fucks to sort out.

Some code??

Not to mention the sales, Aus, nz, at a minimum would be highly profitable. But I bet other countries would have a decent market for a rhd version also.

TROLLEY 13-02-2017 07:01 PM

Nothing to do with being slack. Off the shelf, one size fits all tunes are fucking disasters waiting to happen.

"Please upload this tune to your car if you have the following modifications:"
*3 inch turbo back exhaust
*Cold air intake
*Electronic boost solenoid
*Larger TMIC

How exactly does an off the shelf tune account for the thousands of potential brand combinations in products and their inherent differences? They can't. The actual unit is handy for uploading and communicating with the ECU but I would still only be getting a tune done on the dyno.

You watch, heaps of kids and speds will buy the COBB AP, then cheap out on an off the shelf map and wonder why in 12 months their car eats a shit sandwich.

yeahnah 13-02-2017 08:46 PM

I wouldn't have a clue but I thought the unit was mint for the markets supported.

Oh now I get your sarcasm, ha thought you actually meant it would be beneficial somehow. Ref the engine builders.

I'm an idiot, disregard.

But is seagull saying mint and trolley saying shit?

I'm easily confused but it doesn't really matter unless owning a 2013+ anyway right.

Or a gtr :/

Captain Buff 14-02-2017 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=yeahnah;844996] it doesn't really matter unless owning a 2013+ anyway right. [/QUOTE]

Yes it does seem that whilst I'm sure there are a number of descent guys here with 2015+ wheels the main discussion seems to be focused around rebuilds or mod's to older models. That's not a criticism by any means; just honest and logical.

[QUOTE=TROLLEY;844983]Engine builders/mechanics will love the COBB unit. I envisage any release here in Australia will see their build quotes quadruple, LOL.[/QUOTE]

I didn't miss the sarcasm either [emoji23]
However has anyone followed developments in the US? Does anyone give a shit...? They've had 'x' years to muck around with it before it makes its way here *eyeroll*

Plus what you've said TROLLEY is my main concern. It is a little moot as I am unlikely to do anything more than the basics and they will start tomorrow [emoji106]

However In the unlikely chance I changed my mind in the future; it would be something I considered...with a fair bit of trepidation. It is known that mechanical isn't my thing (though I will say that there have been some great posts on here and I have learnt stuff guys, cheers [emoji106])...so then; is it only useful if you know your shit under a bonnet? Or can my mum (68) get in my WRX and tune it OK with a Cobb...? Obvious hyperbole...she thinks it goes to fast [emoji849]

Until there is a forum/blog/thread about it in Western Australia then for me it is 'get it tuned and dyno'ed and GTFO'. I don't need car hassle.

Apart from the plentiful HSV's who continually try to yell abuse at me. Most of it is just whistling between the three teeth they still have left but it is still mildly annoying.

Peace

Sent by me.