Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2012, 05:46 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Xx_AzzA_xX at standard level

Thanks for all the replys guys. I will call around and find a good price then might ask SGIO to beat it. The car has 200BHP and only a few mods ( 3inch TBE, Uprated brakes and fluid and a ECUTEK tune ) Do you think it will matter too much?
Bugeye!
Old 20-06-2012, 06:04 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

T R3X at standard level

I got my MY11 WRX insured easily without any problems at all and i'm still on P plates (off them in August) with RAC, costs ~$2000 a year though... My 2nd car insured with RAC under my name, no claims either.
Old 20-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sharpy.au at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_AzzA_xX View Post
Thanks for all the replys guys. I will call around and find a good price then might ask SGIO to beat it. The car has 200BHP and only a few mods ( 3inch TBE, Uprated brakes and fluid and a ECUTEK tune ) Do you think it will matter too much?
When you quote online or over the phone with SGIO (when I did it anyway) they don't ask what modifications have been done or what the value of them is - they told me they just insure all road worthy/legal cars up to the agreed value.

Most other insurance companies will want to know and the mods you have mentioned will affect the price - With mine, I got a quote from RAC for a stock my05 STi and then got SGIO to beat this. My car is pretty much stock aside from a few bits (has a decent sound system which can add to insurance) anyway, but I didn't put this in the RAC quote as I wasn't actually going to get insurance with them so it didn't matter it was just to get the cheapest quote. I did have to email the quote to SGIO's head office over east before they would approve it (I was completely insured for this period though) as it was about $700 cheaper than their quote. It's your best bet for the cheapest insurance IMO
Old 20-06-2012, 06:27 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

I had RAC cancel on me even before I hit P's because the value of the mods on the car exceeded the value of the car itself. Had the car listed for $7500 & mods then were about $10k (Brakes + labour, suspension + labour, Wheels & tyres, stereo, etc etc.). Was still in my parents' name.

I'd be tempted to say save what you'd spend on comprehensive & just get 3rd party, fire, and theft. 3 years of saving and you'd have $7-9k cash in the bank - much more useful than being told your excess is $660 for windscreen replacement when glass is $440 or having to pay $2k just to have your car assessed.
Old 20-06-2012, 06:56 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

shazza at standard level

Agreed ^^
Old 20-06-2012, 07:12 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Spence at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
$0 excess? are you sure? my wife works for an insurance comapny and they all have imposed excesses.. basic, age, or driver specific
Yes it's 0 excess but if anyone else under 25 crashes my car the excess will be 950 which I know for a fact the would be paying for that.
Old 21-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Wow. Never seen a car policy with $0 excess.

Fuck trading it in, drive it into a wall... $0 and a big fat cheque!
Old 21-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

From memory (of their online quoting system) I think RAC give you the opportunity to lower your excess... but watch the premium increase the lower you drop your excess
Old 21-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

yeah Spence, that's not right hey... they don't do $0 excesses for that very reason... unless you are getting absolutely butt raped on your premium. You will have a basic excess at least, then an age excess if you're under 25. No insurance underwriters would give you anything less on your policy, trust me.

I suggest you check your policy disclosure statement
Old 21-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Sir AntiLag

Sharpy.au at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
yeah Spence, that's not right hey... they don't do $0 excesses for that very reason... unless you are getting absolutely butt raped on your premium. You will have a basic excess at least, then an age excess if you're under 25. No insurance underwriters would give you anything less on your policy, trust me.

I suggest you check your policy disclosure statement
You can have $0 excesses but your premium is through the roof. I think a few insurers offer it now. You can make your excess high and pay lower premiums or make it lower and pay higher premiums. Not all allow you to go to 0 but some do

Tags
advice, advise, insurance, l platers*