Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Hi all! NA boy here :P (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/15085-hi-all-na-boy-here-p.html)

Poncha 13-09-2007 09:43 PM

Hi all! NA boy here :P

Hey guys

Name's Adrian, and I know I'm not force-fed like the rest of ya, but I hope I'm still welcome :D

Own a MY99 Impreza RX with some light mods- RDA slotted rotors with EBC Kevlar pads, K&N panel filter, custom 2.5” stainless steel CAI, custom 2.25” cat back exhaust with Lukey muffler, 17” MY02 WRX rims, Lovells springs (30mm drop), 20mm adjustable Whiteline RSB. And Sparco Race pedals for a bit of rice :) Not fast, but i enjoy the old RX for what it is.

Been looking around, and lots of help to be had. Yes, I'll use search :p

While I'm posting, quick question- whereabouts is a good place to get skirts and rear pods painted for a decent price? Found this thread:
[url]http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7005&page=1&pp=10&highlight=paint+skirts[/url]

but didn't really specify a place. Probably budgeting for $250 to $300. Any suggestions? Preferably south of the river.

Cheers guys!

JA50N 13-09-2007 11:33 PM

BBK Automotive Refinishing

Give Benson a buzz, tell him Jase sent you :)

Welcome to PerthWRX :)

WhiteRX 14-09-2007 07:04 AM

Hey, have you had yours out on the track?, welcome anyway

Poncha 14-09-2007 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=JA50N]BBK Automotive Refinishing

Give Benson a buzz, tell him Jase sent you :)

Welcome to PerthWRX :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jase- appreciate the help :) BTW is that the mob that did your's? If so, did they have to remove the skirts and rear pods, or leave them on for the job? Wondering if can just remove them and keep my car while they paint them up, then come back.

Poncha 14-09-2007 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=WhiteRX]Hey, have you had yours out on the track?, welcome anyway[/QUOTE]

Yeah, been down to AHG for a few of their Performance Driving Courses (those $75/head ones with instructors), and a couple of the Tuning Arvo ones (about $45/head).

IMHO, the PDC's are ok to start with, with the instructor on the skid pan, but is more fun with the Tuning Arvo- session is shorter, but get to go on their track and skid pan. Heaps of fun :D

JA50N 14-09-2007 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=Poncha]Thanks Jase- appreciate the help :) BTW is that the mob that did your's? If so, did they have to remove the skirts and rear pods, or leave them on for the job? Wondering if can just remove them and keep my car while they paint them up, then come back.[/QUOTE]

Nah Benson didn't do these on the car now (already done on the purchase of the car). Although I known him a while and spent some time at his shop, I reckon he would unscrew the skirts and pods (guessing they are screwed on and not fibreglassed on. If fibreglassed then he would need the whole car because if you try rip off fibreglassed stuff, you guarenteed to break skirts/pods), and paint then fit back on the car. The only thing he would need your car for is obviously to get the colour code for the paint. I'm ringing him sometime today for Impresiv so I'll also ask about your work.

Jason

COUCHY 14-09-2007 12:18 PM

welcome Adrian, thier is a few of us no force-fed members on here. enjoy your say....

Rhyso

MaD_OwNeD 14-09-2007 12:39 PM

welcome mate & enjoy :D

wrxsti 14-09-2007 04:53 PM

Pictures!!!

Poncha 14-09-2007 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=JA50N]Nah Benson didn't do these on the car now (already done on the purchase of the car). Although I known him a while and spent some time at his shop, I reckon he would unscrew the skirts and pods (guessing they are screwed on and not fibreglassed on. If fibreglassed then he would need the whole car because if you try rip off fibreglassed stuff, you guarenteed to break skirts/pods), and paint then fit back on the car. The only thing he would need your car for is obviously to get the colour code for the paint. I'm ringing him sometime today for Impresiv so I'll also ask about your work.

Jason[/QUOTE]

Popped by to see Benson this arvo- have booked the car in for the 24th. Colour code was 792 (looked for myself on the plate in the engine bay; not the VIN plate, but some other one with car specification info). Benson said he's done heaps of this colour before anyway, so no dramas there.

Luckily, the skirts and pods are just screwed/riveted on, so easily removed. Plan to drop them off, still keep my car, and come back in a day or two and pop them back on. Nice and convenient :) Cheers for the help Jase