Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   gday (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/31981-gday.html)

huey 04-02-2010 04:11 PM

gday

hi pwrx guys/girls

been viewing this forum/using it to procrastinate for a couple of months now and thought I should do the polite thing and sign up.

Havent been able to afford a turbo'd ej2XX vehicle yet, however as i have recently graduated uni and am now looking for a big boy job hopefully in the not so distant future a company will throw wads of cash in my direction enabaling the purchase of my dream car :D

Currently i drive a very un-interesting '93 Liberty Gx accessorised with a bull bar and spotties but will be looking to upgrade to a wrex/gt lib/Xt Foz asap.

thanks for letting me drool over your cars :)

Hugh

American Dave 04-02-2010 04:15 PM

welcome aboard Hugh and good luck with the job and car prospects, get a Lib GT :D

huey 04-02-2010 04:17 PM

would love a lib GT, my old man has the 07 Gt which i try to borrow as often as possible

92 RS 04-02-2010 04:27 PM

hey buddy, welcome. how much do you have to play with(cash)? cos i was in a similar boat, and not being able to get any kind of loan, i had to pay cash for my car. i found an RS liberty was a great choice for the money. a little older than a wrx but same running gear and mine runs like a swiss watch for 300,000 kms. hauls ass too :D

ImPreSiV 04-02-2010 04:29 PM

Welcome to P-wrx Hugh.

Happy Hunting.

What uni degree did u study, and what kind of job you looking for?

SKYHIONPSI 04-02-2010 04:49 PM

Hi mate welcome, my XT forester will be up for sale soon. It will be returned to stock but more than welcome to have a gander in its current guise if you like.

huey 04-02-2010 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=92 RS;428772]hey buddy, welcome. how much do you have to play with(cash)? cos i was in a similar boat, and not being able to get any kind of loan, i had to pay cash for my car. i found an RS liberty was a great choice for the money. a little older than a wrx but same running gear and mine runs like a swiss watch for 300,000 kms. hauls ass too :D[/QUOTE]

thanks for the welcome, i should have between $15-20k+ to play with in the future depending on how well my share portfolio performs (:() + future salary.

i like the RS with closed deck block etc and reasonably easy/cheap to modify but seeing as ive been driving round in a Gen1s2 for the last couple of years id like a bit of an upgrade plus im not super keen on having to deal with a gear box that has had 300,000kms of use :eek:

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;428774]Welcome to P-wrx Hugh.

Happy Hunting.

What uni degree did u study, and what kind of job you looking for?[/QUOTE]

i studied Agribusiness majoring in Aquaculture at Curtin Uni and at this stage im looking into jobs in the banking/finance sector:glasses7:

[QUOTE=SKYHIONPSI;428780]Hi mate welcome, my XT forester will be up for sale soon. It will be returned to stock but more than welcome to have a gander in its current guise if you like.[/QUOTE]

hi thanks for the welcome and thanks for the offer, ill take a look

WRX_GF8 04-02-2010 05:59 PM

welcome mate, good luck with the job hunting, hope ya get the car u want.
then u can come on cruises, the more the better :D

92 RS 04-02-2010 07:30 PM

ha i see man, well thats a bit more than i had so get the best you can, which shud be decent for that coin!

huey 04-02-2010 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=92 RS;428850]ha i see man, well thats a bit more than i had so get the best you can, which shud be decent for that coin![/QUOTE]

haha thats plan 'A' atm, if that fails though i wouldnt say no to a clean RS:cool: