Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Finally intro myself (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/39931-finally-intro-myself.html)

mARC 01-02-2011 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;532224]Hurry up Mark!

Where are you at with yours?

Sunday :3gears: for me[/QUOTE]

Congrats! it's moved a few feet as I swept around it last weekend. Other then that the block's half done in preparation for heads.

Master D 01-02-2011 11:20 PM

Hey Dude!

Nice Bug! You'll fit right in here!

Welcome :D

ALEX. 02-02-2011 12:18 AM

Can we create a sub-forum for bugeye owners so they don't have to mingle with us 'real' Subaru owners?

ahahahaaaaaaa.

not kidding.

ALEX. 02-02-2011 12:20 AM

But seriously, Hazza you say you're a Honda mechanic. Do you think you'll be learning a lot more about Subies now and switching sides eventually? :)
And what made you choose Honda in the first place? Were you always a fan and didn't really notice Subarus at teh time of your apprenticeship?... etc etc. I'm curious.

sic-em-wrx 02-02-2011 07:29 AM

Yea man, ive already learnt heaps from you guys, like im still getting to know the different turbo codes, re-flashing etc, like im sure you would know honda doesnt have turbo models in australia. But have you heard of honda's vtec setup? quite an amazing mechanism, at the time of doing my apprenticeship i looked everywhere, alot of companies wanted me to have a pre-app but i could not be bothered doing it, when i first started honda, like 6 months in i wanted to change companies, actually when for city subaru, but i stayed with honda. I like it there very clean. During the time i owned honda's i always wanted a wrx, just everything you want in a smallish car. To be honest i want a my00 gc8, but i love my bug eye.

But basically being a mechanic, All/most engines and suspension, brakes, drive train all operate on a base design, but the manufactures have there own little add-ons so to speak, so its not that hard to work your way around it or learn about.
[QUOTE=ALEX.;532256]But seriously, Hazza you say you're a Honda mechanic. Do you think you'll be learning a lot more about Subies now and switching sides eventually? :)
And what made you choose Honda in the first place? Were you always a fan and didn't really notice Subarus at teh time of your apprenticeship?... etc etc. I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

RUSSGT 02-02-2011 09:21 AM

Welcome! Being a 4th year apprentice doesnt mean you're meant to know everything. I feel that i really came to grips with my trade in my journeyman years. 1-5 years after i finished.

American Dave 02-02-2011 09:33 AM

yo the vtec just kicked in

sic-em-wrx 02-02-2011 01:23 PM

Yea mate, I know that but some people expect u you to, how long have you been in the trade?[QUOTE=RUSSGT;532294]Welcome! Being a 4th year apprentice doesnt mean you're meant to know everything. I feel that i really came to grips with my trade in my journeyman years. 1-5 years after i finished.[/QUOTE]

GTB Liberty 02-02-2011 01:35 PM

VTEC systems are quite amazing - the girl's old Celica's VVTTi was preety awesome once it kicked in. Shame it was so high up the rev range and every gear change put you just below the "VTEC" power point.

Pre tune it gave the Lib a preety good go BUT post tune. LOL - NO CHANCE ;)

johnvk7 02-02-2011 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just thought I'd add my 2 cents