Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   MY05 Sti (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/40486-my05-sti.html)

squid 25-02-2011 07:05 PM

MY05 Sti

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, few weeks ago bought this wrx :)
Ive always had mates who have had them, and i have always wanted one, so im stoked to finally get one.

its pretty stock performance wise, with a 3" turbo back, stealth bov and a verso tune (262hp at all four) and it has dba5000s on the front. goes hard haha.
it has plenty of potential, just my bank account doesn't haha

Planned mods are properly a butterfly value/adjustable exhaust, because there are sometimes i just want it to be quite, and if i ever get it dyno'd again ill properly take the bov off :)

also im going to re carpet the boot (its seen better days) and put a small type r sound system in, and dose anybody happen to have the stock spare tire stuff? it was challenging enough to get the spare tire, but its pretty scratched and there is no jack or tools? i want them just to keep all together.

considering taking it on barbagallo, but ill need new tyers (and probably rims) before i do that :p
[IMG]http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&stc=1&d=1298627418[/IMG]

----------- March 2012 update & previous car history ---------

Hello Everyone
Updating my introductions/driveway thread (adding a bit of common sense which I may have previously lacked, or had been heavily influenced haha)

Forgetting all the buckets I claimed as mine growing up on the Station, my first roadworthy car was a 2wd Hilux (3.0TD)

Then I sold that, Bought my05 STi in Jan 2011

07' KTM 250 sxf

Daily 2011 - El falcon which is hardly worth a mention, 4.0 gli.

Daily Nov2011 - August 2012
Mitsubishi Canter
Little trooper of a truck, sold it with 780,000kms on the original engine!
Custom 3" pacemaker exhaust out the side and stupid mods, various matt black bits and bulk stickers for extra hp+!

06' KTM 250 sxf - bought in running condition, for parts for my other one because its cheaper than going thru KTM haha

Daily Sept2012-March2013 NH Pajero
Surprisingly fun to drive for a piece of shit, decent offroad, bought mainly to haul the bikes on a trailer (used to just chuck them on the truck)

And on its way (deposit paid 03/13)
my13 Amarok - with some decent bar work and some mods planned already Cant really afford it, but the little turbo 2.0 will hopefully redeem itself with its economy and realitively cheap running costs :p
[IMG]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429676_293863454077689_1747471168_n.jpg[/IMG]
Might Splash it out with some Bar decals - got a nice clean car, might as well try and do some self promotion?

The STi - Garage whore currently-get targeted way to hard it to & have since found out its blacklisted - plate change on its way :p
Delaying the serious work i want to begin on it until I have some proper space and the tools and time to work on it, or the expensive path, when something breaks haha - I've put over 40,000kms on it with bugger-all dramas
Eventually would like to aim for reliable but powerful weapon, that would come out generally on weekends/after dark, and track it a few times year.

And Mods Since last update back in Febuary 2011

Alpine Sound System & custom boot
Alloy Rad (koyo fatty)
HD clutch
Cherry Blossom Red Perth Wrx stickers (+50hp lol)
New Lightened Flywheel (old one warped??)
Replaced all the engine and transmission mounts
and a bunch of other little bits and pieces, Over 40,000km, two sets of ku36's & about to go into maximum for a full service and new front rotors & possibly some other goodies (wallet depending - esp with the new amarok!)

monkeee 25-02-2011 07:09 PM

Welcome, car looks sweeet, dba golds, nice :thumbsup:

enjoy the car and the club :)

American Dave 25-02-2011 10:43 PM

Welcome aboard squid and I agree with all your statements.

Excellent choice imo and most who are in the know here. Make yourself known to us and come down this Wednesday to Subaru Osborne Park ?

RXqME 25-02-2011 10:46 PM

Excellent choice!

Rex97 25-02-2011 10:52 PM

Very nice car mate. Welcome

grumpyrex 25-02-2011 11:54 PM

Nice looking car. Just curious why you think your BOV is giving you a loss of power.

Serbaru 26-02-2011 12:01 AM

Enjoy the car mate, i owned it before the guy you bought it off...it was a awesome car. Good to see it looking in top condition.

andz 26-02-2011 09:24 AM

Nice car mate. [I]STI[/I], [FONT=Comic Sans MS]i just want one![/FONT]
if you dont mind me asking how much was it?

ImPreSiV 26-02-2011 09:26 AM

Nice 05 STI mate. Looks really tidy!

wawa 26-02-2011 09:54 AM

Nice car squid welcome to the forum!

HaiiSon 26-02-2011 09:59 AM

lol OMG its Tom's old car :)
Greats on purchase mate

squid 26-02-2011 04:35 PM

haha nexen/roadstone n3000 (what it currently has - less than $165 new) are so cheap and hard, dosent take much to spin them, or slide round a corner ;) bit dangerous haha

what tyers do others run? im looking for something 'sticky' and lots of traction.
and is there much differance between 17' and 18' ? (performance wise)
wouldn't mind some new rims too, possible enkei 's (pricey tho)

its my everyday car, but it is an sti, rekon it should have decent tyers!!!

(add me ricky u nob ahhaha) :knob:

Serbaru 27-02-2011 01:25 AM

[QUOTE=squid;539850]haha nexen/roadstone n3000 (what it currently has - less than $165 new) are so cheap and hard, dosent take much to spin them, or slide round a corner ;) bit dangerous haha

what tyers do others run? im looking for something 'sticky' and lots of traction.
and is there much differance between 17' and 18' ? (performance wise)
wouldn't mind some new rims too, possible enkei 's (pricey tho)

its my everyday car, but it is an sti, rekon it should have decent tyers!!!

(add me ricky u nob ahhaha) :knob:[/QUOTE]

Go for 225/45/17 RE070 Bridgestone Potenzas. Very sticky tyres. Semi-Slick compound.

JDM_STYLE 27-02-2011 06:48 AM

Try Kuhmo KU36's plenty of people run them and they're good on street and track but the best thing is they're only $200 odd a tyre. :D

BoxorBeast 27-02-2011 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=Serbaru;539958]Go for 225/45/17 RE070 Bridgestone Potenzas. Very sticky tyres. Semi-Slick compound.[/QUOTE]

@ 400 a piece... I would know :rolleyes:

Poncha 27-02-2011 03:45 PM

Congrats on the tidy purchase, mate :)

squid 27-02-2011 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE=4]you guys are going to love this haha.[/SIZE]
today i got pulled over down in safety bay, because apparently the my stock scoop and wing were "Too High" adversely effecting my vision of the road or sum shit haha

they then saw my windscreen tint, and my bov.

they then gave me a yellow sticker, but then rang up dad later and said they were wrong about 'some aspects' haha

they were such arrogant fucks, so rude, told me to shut up over and over again. wouldnt belive that my bonnet scoop is stock.
but im still waiting for the day when i meet a half decent cop, havent had much luck so far.

[B][SIZE=5]"blow off value not audible, front scoop to be ush compliant -too high, window tint too dark"[/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=5][/SIZE][URL="http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=5124&stc=1&d=1298812697"]IMG_1200.jpg[/URL][/B]

XT43 27-02-2011 10:30 PM

Bummer

I've got spare jack and handle if you are keen.

6 pack of Coronas would seal the deal

redlib 27-02-2011 10:35 PM

Get the names of them. You can report them for wrongly accusing shit on your, take it over pits like that, get it past and shove it back in there face. I've herd of it a few times been done, through the guys at Warwick pits.

HaiiSon 27-02-2011 10:45 PM

I hope you got their name and police number so you can submit a formal complaint and get those fckn pigs off the road.
Hope you get it sorted.

MKVIGTI 28-02-2011 12:00 AM

Playing devils advocate I know but a tinted windscreen and atmo blow off valve are legitimate defects so suck up the sticker and get over it. The guys at the pits will know better about the scoop and probably shake their heads and ignore it.

I would however write to their supervising officer asking that they be educated as to what are stock bodywork items on Subaru vehicles as they are obviously not the full bottle on this one.

If they were being tossers ask yourself if you said anything to piss them off or were you driving like a spanker? If either was the case you'll probably have a number of these incidents unless you do something about it.

Look at the bright side. At least they are easy defects to clear!!!

pmh 28-02-2011 12:08 AM

"BOV not audible"

I thought its good for the coppers if it doesn't go whoosh??
am i missing something

and i think the cops' been coming to this forum before.
they can't spell either

Kato 28-02-2011 10:09 AM

Tinted front windows are just asking for trouble. Not only from the popo, but check how voided your car insurance is too!

squid 28-02-2011 10:49 AM

i bought the car, what, four weeks ago haha and its still the same as i bought it.
tint is easy to pull of with mates steam tint thing, and need to find stock bov.

i was driving sensibly, i actually only just pulled out of a street were i was at. i always take it easy first few minutes as the engine warms.

the bov was turned right down, and i was granny shifting below 3grand, so there is no way they could of herd that, the "not audible" bit is still puzzling haha

the tint on the w/screen is illegal haha, but it looks cool, still can see easily at night =]

my 09 hilux has worst windows, scratched and always dirty, impossible to see out a night

but the cops waste there time on the wrong things. sure my bov and tint may be illegal, but not by much really in comparison to driving an actually unroadworthy car.
go pull over someones dodgy piece of shit, instead of targeting the most capable cars on the roads

squid 28-02-2011 10:54 AM

@MKVIGTI
i look young an innocent apparently, (too young for uni haha) and im always pretty courteous blah blah blah,
and im like,
mate, why are you getting so aggresi..SHUT UP

and for the record the bonnet is stock SHUT UP, DO YOU WANT ME TO ARREST YOU AND MAKE IT SO YOU CANT MOVE THE CAR

and yeah he kept going on like typical arrogant fukker, and i think meant damage it so i cant move it??, as least thats what interpreted. they all go from talking to yelling very quickly nowdays.
and their egos play a big part. jealous that they didnt have a nice car when they were 17, well i took out a loan MATE, and im working and paying it off, and studying at uni.
shit, just relised i need new parking permits.

but society nowdays has changed to, he is doing better than me, im going to tax him for that.
you work harder and earn more, here pay a heap more income tax.
even,
hes going faster than me, thats not fair he'll get to were he is going is less time than me, so im going to pull infront of him and brake.

he has a better car than i did when i was young, so im going to target all nice p plater cars, and not worry abou the dodgy $500 ones

actually just, he/she has a better car than i do, so im going to be a real arsehole and fine him for that

HaiiSon 28-02-2011 12:06 PM

You cant do much about it now besides take it over pits.
UNLESS you took down the coppers info and had a recorded convo which would definately result in the copper fired or somthing

squid 01-03-2011 12:20 AM

haha, nahh as much as i would like to see them tidy up their act, i think its best just to aviod them

Rexxar 01-03-2011 09:49 AM

Welcome to the forums mate and BL with the canary
I also got pulled over for my stock bov(sick flutters) and later tinted front windows, quiet as fark zort.

Depending on how dark it is, you may get away but highly dout it, I was very lucky to say the least.
The pits inspector at Welshpool didn't even look at the stuff on the sheet instead they ramble about my ALK and blue under body braces/sway bars....after 1hr on the hoist and 3 different inspectors I passed.
Thanks for reading :)

MANliamUTD 01-03-2011 08:29 PM

nice ride there mate welcome to p-wrx!

born2run 01-03-2011 10:44 PM

welcome aboard mate v.nice car indeed.! :D