Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   New WRX Bug Eye Wagon owner (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/41686-new-wrx-bug-eye-wagon-owner.html)

Unscrewedsparks 19-04-2011 09:32 PM

New WRX Bug Eye Wagon owner

Thought i should do the right thing and introduce myself, as im bound to be asking loads of stupid questions soon......!
Have just purchased my first WRX at the age of 28, i know very little about them technically but had some good advise from my cousin who has owned one and at least one Liberty to my knowledge. I come from a UK Ford background so like i say im a complete newbie to these cars.
But after driving a couple i was blown away by the driving experience and just had to buy one.

So I picked up An MY01 Bug eye hatch/wagon yesterday after looking at quite a few cars. Well pleased with this one, purchased it from a middle aged woman who between her and the previous female owner have cherished it from new. Its been serviced every 5k with history and reciepts to prove, and is totally stock apart from the wheels and a nice pioneer ipod/usb/cd head unit.

I will be looking at a few subtle mods soon, lowering slightly, exhaust and tune up etc but where i currently live has a ridiculous steep driveway and the car only just makes it down now so will have to wait a while for any suspension mods.
I know the bug eyes arent everyones cup of tea, i never used to be keen but they have grown on me massively recently hence the new car.
Just one pic for now, will add some more when i have them.

:)

P.S names Chris by the way (as pointed out, not really an intro without putting my name in.....!)

[IMG]http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/unscrewedsparks/wrx.jpg[/IMG]

ImPreSiV 19-04-2011 09:36 PM

Hello there... funny introduction, you told us almost everything, except your name!

Looks like a nice buy there, those wheels actually don't look too bad, once you lower it and paint those side skirts, you will have a pretty good looking wagon!

Welcome to the forum, heaps of knowledge here and heaps of cosmetic & perfomance mods for your car that you can blow countless pay cheque's on!

Kym

munya 19-04-2011 09:39 PM

well welcome mate all bugeye owners are welcome here me included :)

Unscrewedsparks 19-04-2011 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;557893]Hello there... funny introduction, you told us almost everything, except your name!

Looks like a nice buy there, those wheels actually don't look too bad, once you lower it and paint those side skirts, you will have a pretty good looking wagon!

Welcome to the forum, heaps of knowledge here and heaps of cosmetic & perfomance mods for your car that you can blow countless pay cheque's on!

Kym[/QUOTE]

Edited to add my name!! Thanks for that its been a long day :o

Yeah i must say i quite like them, some people wont and i did consider getting some standard Wheels but they seem to suit the car imo.
I hadnt thought of painting the skirts, that would make a big difference thanks for the idea.

Chris.

Unscrewedsparks 19-04-2011 09:45 PM

Cheers Munya

ImPreSiV 19-04-2011 09:45 PM

ahh! Hi Chris.

worst thing you could do is go back to standard rims... they look so shit on bugeye wagons! If you were going to change, there are heaps of options, 18's as a minimum! I'd hold on to these until you get into your track days (which I organize if you are interested) then look at gettings something lightweight and reliable

Unscrewedsparks 19-04-2011 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;557903]ahh! Hi Chris.

worst thing you could do is go back to standard rims... they look so shit on bugeye wagons! If you were going to change, there are heaps of options, 18's as a minimum! I'd hold on to these until you get into your track days (which I organize if you are interested) then look at gettings something lightweight and reliable[/QUOTE]

I havent seen many bug eye wagons around yet so cant really comment, these are 18's but as you say prob wouldnt be much good for track days..... which yes i would definately be interested in at some point. Where are these held?

mARC 19-04-2011 09:53 PM

Welcome mate, awesome ride, enjoy it!

jasonmurray 19-04-2011 09:53 PM

Welcome!!

Nice pick up... go the silver bug!

How much did you pay for it?

ImPreSiV 19-04-2011 09:53 PM

nothing wrong with 18s for the track, just cost you more to go thru the tyres! You could try find some STI rims (1/2inch wider than WRX rims)

I run track days at RAC Driver Training Centre near the international Airport usually every 2 or 3 months. Next one is possibly June... depending on dates available