Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Hello new guy looking for help (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/42265-hello-new-guy-looking-help.html)

Kato 18-05-2011 08:24 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;566781]Diffs $500ish a pop
Gearbox $3500+ for a 6spd
Motor $7000+ for a 207[/QUOTE]

Diffs and gearbox, I'd be budgeting double that for a drive in drive out solution.

ImPreSiV 18-05-2011 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=Foresight;566888]Correct me if im wrong (I usually am) but isnt the general consensus that if someone modifies a car they tend to drive it a bit harder too?[/QUOTE]

Mate, you are looking at WRX's. You will be hard pressed to find one that hasn't been driven 'hard'. They are built to be drivent that way.

There are some stock examples around, but you will find, a lot of version 6 sti's will have been owned by 'enthusiests' thus they may have minor mods. Exhaust and wheels are hardly even considered mods ;)

Foresight 18-05-2011 08:57 AM

I know where you are coming from and agree those things arent really mods. Its more when you start talking turbos, injectors, intercoolers, lightened flywheels etc that i get iffy.

Kato 18-05-2011 09:08 AM

As I've said before, I'd rather someone who has done quality mods and has a passion for a car over someone who has flogged the living shit out of a stock car.

For me, modifying usually upgrades the parts, making them suitable for a flogging. The car is then serviced at a higher rate with better quality oils and parts.

I'd be very cautious of finding a stock 11+ year old subaru, unless it has a very good history from the owner. There would be a lot that have been butchered and then returned to stock.

Also, a well modified car gives you great mods you would probably do yourself for a lower cost. Win win!

Foresight 18-05-2011 10:47 AM

Thanks guys, like i said this is all very helpful.

HaiiSon 18-05-2011 11:13 AM

I got a bone stock v6 :)
Welcome and good luck with the hunt

Foresight 18-05-2011 07:10 PM

I saw the thread that you picked your car up from and it is very nice.
Hows the car been going? I hope its for sale!

HaiiSon 18-05-2011 08:12 PM

Yea car is good. Won't be selling anytime soon. It's gonna be my baby for the next couple of years until I get the funds for the latest sti :)

Foresight 26-05-2011 08:32 PM

Got a car inspected today but it was sold before I got a chance to talk to the guy...

Im officially looking for a stock steel blue v6 sti so if anyone knows one for sale let me know!

red dragon2002 27-05-2011 05:55 PM

don't know if its been posted but there is one on car sales for 25k. Its not stock but, but says it has 25k worth of mods from MMS. Anyone know of the car?

Also there is a stocko one from a dealer, was that the one you looked at?