Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Introduction of a newbie- HI! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/47579-introduction-newbie-hi.html)

Joshiemitsu 23-02-2012 07:44 PM

Introduction of a newbie- HI!

Hi all,

First off let me say what a great site this is, a real asset to anybody looking for information on all things Subaru.

I have a very limited knowledge of automotive mechanics, IC engines, gearboxes, turbo's and the like- meaning i understand for the most part how they operate, just not a whole lot more after that!
I don't know much in particular about Subaru or it's history, but i have just always been a fan, growing up watching them dominate the rally scene. But having done some reading (mostly from this site) i am slowly beginning to appreciate the Subaru history & 'culture' and what an awesome one it is.

Over the last week i have gone from owning a 94 Triton, to owning a 97 RX Impreza & a JDM STI Ver 3 halfcut without really meaning to.
It is a long & boring story, so lets leave it at that.

So i have now got the RX booked in at STechnic to get a full conversion done- and i can not wait! so pumped!!

When the car became available at the right price i did a quick ring around and was lucky enough to source the half cut, needless to say excitement was already growing.

The same day was my first dealings with the boys from STechnic, i went there with a picture of the car (i hadn't bought it yet) and a rough idea of the year of the halfcut. I asked Damian & Doug if such a conversion was going to possible, and if so, how costly?
Long story short i did some running around getting more info on the car and halfcut, so that the STechnic guys could give me a better idea of what needed to happen.

Once all the info was there, Doug & Damian went through everything i needed to do, what they would need to do, prices and time-frame. I haven't experienced customer service in the Auto industry quite like what these guys provided me with. Awesome.

As the project get's underway i will create a thread for it and upload pics of the process, needless to say it will be a steep learning curve for me and i hope you guys will enjoy following it as much as i will be doing it.

Thanks in advance for the advice i will no doubt need along the way.

Cheers

Josh

Dan [GTI] 23-02-2012 07:50 PM

from one new guy to another... hey Josh.

Nice project :)

SUAVERNETT 23-02-2012 07:51 PM

Hi and welcome(",)

Gk_ 23-02-2012 07:58 PM

Sounds good dude, look forward to checking it out

Joshiemitsu 23-02-2012 08:01 PM

Thanks guys,

apologies for lack of avatar etc, will get pics & more interesting stuff up asap!

aC- 23-02-2012 08:44 PM

Welcome to Perth-WRX!

Keen to see the progress of this build. Seems like you will fit in perfectly in here just from that one post.

wrx oh oh 24-02-2012 07:08 PM

Welcome
Every few years we get a question on the forum about converting a NA Impreza to WRX turbo spec. I was thinking of it myself once. The usual advice is -too expensive -too difficult -too much to change -cheaper to trade up.
So, congratulations as one of the few to attempt that project, you are probably unique in using a proper workshop rather than do-it-yourself. STechnic have both the knowledge and enthusiasm.

GTB Liberty 24-02-2012 07:56 PM

Welcome Josh - looking forward to see what's created.

Tiigga 24-02-2012 11:15 PM

Welcome & yes as above ^^^^^ will be good to see what you do...

scoobygez 25-02-2012 09:44 AM

Welcome to perth wrx :)