Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Scooby Nooby Hello (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/53511-scooby-nooby-hello.html)

Matty G 22-02-2013 07:12 PM

Scooby Nooby Hello

3 Attachment(s)
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello everyone,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I’m Matt.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]After spending many hours looking through this forum for advice and info when I had my old bug eye WRX, I decided to join after buying my second scooby.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]This is my ride, It’s a 02 STI bug. It is dead stock apart from a turbo back exhaust (being a 4 inch dump through to a 3 inch system to the back with an extremely understated muffler).[/FONT][FONT=Calibri] Hoping to spend a few hard earned $$ on it and get some tasteful mods down, and even though i have never before, i would like to try and get it on the track at least once of a tame run.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I plan to make it to the big summer shin dig you guys are having soon, I look forward to meeting some of you on the cruise.[/SIZE][/FONT]

kid 22-02-2013 07:38 PM

Hey Matt welcome!

Very clean bug...+1 on tasteful mods and +1 on taking it to the track...

Pointless having a car like this and just driving on the street :)

Tiigga 22-02-2013 07:49 PM

Welcome Matty to the world of P Wrx
And nice looking car well done on the purchase..

safe 22-02-2013 07:57 PM

Welcome Matty :)
Bug looks off the showroom floor fresh.
Hope to see you at the cruise.

Brett Allan 22-02-2013 08:30 PM

Welcome Matt,

Great pickup - bugeye STI's are a brilliant buy! I am bias though :P

What mods are you planning? Track is a great way to learn what you would like to improve, swaybars are great bang for buck mods that help the car handle a lot better...

Enjoy the Forums :D

Matty G 23-02-2013 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Brett Allan;739610]Welcome Matt,

Great pickup - bugeye STI's are a brilliant buy! I am bias though :P

What mods are you planning? Track is a great way to learn what you would like to improve, swaybars are great bang for buck mods that help the car handle a lot better...

Enjoy the Forums :D[/QUOTE]

i was thinking, leaving the 4 inch dump even though its mild steel and replacing dump back with a half decent stainless system, i guess tackle the up pipe as much as i hate doing it, i just don't want the pre cat to break up and kill my power plant.
yeh sway bar upgrades, a set of coil overs.
i read other peoples posts of the same nature to get ideas and not ask questions and annoy people, but would love some directional advice on my ideas above to see if im heading the right way or not :)

DukeDrifter 23-02-2013 10:16 AM

Welcome nice pick up btw, coilovers sway bars some good rubber and a good combo of rotors and pads to match the brembos.

Lots of threads on everything so use the search function, if you can't find it then post it up and you'll no doubt get an answer promptly with an opinion :P

Tony 23-02-2013 11:22 AM

When you get coilover make sure you get a roll centre kit aswell. Lowering will cause more understeer with out the correct supporting mods. Might aswell do it properly and for the sake of 250buks make your mods preform to their best ability. Also from what i gather, it oes the same thing a front sway and end link would for a fraction of the cost.

[url]http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/19915-roll-centre-kit.html[/url]

Master D 23-02-2013 11:30 AM

I found the biggest change I made was the 24mm rear sway bar with heavy duty end links heavy duty mounting kit.

Increases turn in massivly and would also eliminate under steer as it livens up the rear end.

I put progressive rate springs on my standard STi shocks and I them to be an excellent compromise between track & road driving.

I found a cat back exhaust for only a couple of hundred dollars from eBay. Full stainless excellent quality.
Before I go to the track, get a good quality track orientated pads.

Matty G 23-02-2013 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=Master D;739689]I found the biggest change I made was the 24mm rear sway bar with heavy duty end links heavy duty mounting kit.

Increases turn in massivly and would also eliminate under steer as it livens up the rear end.

I put progressive rate springs on my standard STi shocks and I them to be an excellent compromise between track & road driving.

I found a cat back exhaust for only a couple of hundred dollars from eBay. Full stainless excellent quality.
Before I go to the track, get a good quality track orientated pads.[/QUOTE]

thanks everyone for the help, one last question and ill leave you be. track days, do you guys hold them? and from what i've read ill need a CAMS licence..