Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Story Time... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/53812-story-time.html)

Blade 15-03-2013 07:05 PM

Story Time...

[B][I][U]Hello everyone,[/U][/I][/B]

[I]Just became the proud owner of my first WRX and with all the questions you have about a new car, Google soon becomes your best friend. Your forum kept popping up and I figured might be worth joining.

Now I have already watched the mandatory video [/I][I]:D[I] , read up on the rules and feel this is definitely the place for me. All hail rule 5! I have also familiarized myself with the search button. I was an admin on other forums a long time ago, so I know where you are coming from.[/I][/I]

[U]So anyone who wants to hear my acquisition story it goes like this;[/U]
[COLOR=blue]
Once upon a time a good husband took his wife new car shopping although he did not own a car himself. The wife already had a car but wanted a new one. They went to the Nissan dealership where the wife got to test drive a new Navara ST on road and off. She loved the car sat down with the dealer picked all the accessories and got a final drive away price.

The husband did the math put forward his A1 credit rating and made sure they could justify it. The only catch was she must sleep on it and bring her father along for approval the next day.

The wife spoke to her father and he agreed to come along but questioned why the husband was not getting a car first. The wife agreed to go visit other car dealers before returning to hers.

The next day, after a bit of hunting the 3 found themselves at the Subaru dealership, where a very nice, young, enthusiastic salesman showed them around, answer all the dumb questions. The husband, wife and her father were all quite impressed and took one for a test drive.

When they got back the salesman even showed them some used ones. His evil boss tried throwing in some hard sell tactics "I've just had a call and someone else wants this car." and the like.

The husband refused to be swayed and left the dealership for lunch. During lunch, greatly his surprise, the father stated he thought they should buy the car. The father was a well-respected man with a good logical sense and not prone to fast decisions. The conversation continued until the phone rang.

The young salesman had called to say he had managed to source the car in the [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]colour[/COLOR][COLOR=blue] that was no longer available even after he was told no 3 times by the evil boss. The wife and he father agreed and persuaded the husband to take it. The trio went back to the dealership and after a lot more hesitation the husband walked out with the signed contract for a brand new car!![/COLOR]

[I]So that's the story and if you’re still reading I'm sure you’re wondering what model? Well... I managed to grab one of the last 2013 WRX S Edition in WR Blue :p[/I][I][I]

The dealership offered the X-Pack which was $1800 for Paint, leather, plastic and carpet protection and would throw in free tinting too. I said no and from what I can gather it’s a complete waste. Anyone disagree?

Also looking at the accessories catalog, are there any that are a must have? Or I should look at??
I did like the Side sill plates and think the STI wheel nut lock kit might be a good idea.

[/I][/I]Well I look forward to meeting you all, hearing you opinions/ experiences and thanks for having me :o

TROLLEY 15-03-2013 07:10 PM

You will fit in just fine here. Congrats on the purchase and wise decision regarding the dealer extra.

If you want decent paint protection, search OCDetailing on here or message 'Adz'. He's our go-to man for all things detailing, but be prepared for a bit of a wait (yes, a detailer with the equivalent waiting list time of elective surgery under the public health system) :p

Tony 15-03-2013 07:11 PM

Short shift.

Soksta 15-03-2013 07:15 PM

Welcome to Perth-WRX!
Great choice of car, I might be biased though :D

As Trolley said, no job on saying no, saved yourself a lot of money that can be put towards getting the paint properly protected by a full detail of the car.

Give it some time before the modding bug kicks in, it kicks hard and won't let go.

[QUOTE=Tony;743130]Short shift.[/QUOTE]

Bushings first, short shifter later on if you feel the need for it.

Tony 15-03-2013 07:17 PM

Oh sweet, only thought the dealer offered the short shift, not the bushings. Get bushings.

Soksta 15-03-2013 07:21 PM

You can get the SPT bushings, not too sure if they actually sell them here :(
Then again, can get a set of the kart boy ones and most likely pay less in the end :D

Tiigga 15-03-2013 08:15 PM

Welcome to the fold that is PWrx
Very entertaining intro read...
And well done on the purchase...

GTB Liberty 15-03-2013 08:26 PM

Welcome ... Intro deserves a drink when you come to the obligatory Friday lunch.

Buy the short shifter. Best first mod bar upgraded sway bars.

Enjoy the loonie bin known as P-WRX.

mitchwnz 15-03-2013 08:33 PM

Nice intro and great choice in car!

Blade 15-03-2013 11:55 PM

Thanks guys,
I have heard good things about OCD. Might see what his thoughts are on a brand newy..
The S edition comes with the short shifter installed :D
I'm not a mod kind of person. Its the one thing I was looking for when buying if it was second hand. Thus why new was so appealing.. But as for factory fitted I figure I could be persuaded..
Sorry Bushings?? Not to sure if they offered that.
I was trying to be a little more comical and interesting than the usual "Hi" post.
Friday Lunch! Totally in! Sway bar comes with the S edition too :D