Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Hi Perth WRX! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/54529-hi-perth-wrx.html)

joshrx 14-05-2013 03:01 PM

Hi Perth WRX!

Hi P-WRX, My name is Josh.

I've been lurking around the forums for a while and decided to register and become more involved in the local subie community.

I'm starting my predicted ongoing ownership of subaru's with an MY01 Impreza RX in a bid to learn the vehicle in all aspects other than power - that will hopefully be addressed when I am no longer a student.

I went to the mini car club 'come and try' motorkhana earlier this year and met Alex (from the forums here), and was lucky enough to ride shotgun in his wrx for a single course. He then schooled me by taking my impreza out for a spin on a smaller course whilst I sat shotgun. I learnt a lot about the AWD and how to get it sideways (and understeer!!) and I plan on going to more of these events in the future.

Before moving into a more powerful car I want to learn more about vehicle control as well as basic maintenance and nifty DIY stuff.

Thanks!

Avalanche 14-05-2013 03:51 PM

Hi and welcome

Slap Dash 14-05-2013 03:54 PM

Welcome, Enjoy your stay

Bob 14-05-2013 04:11 PM

Sounds like you have your priorities right. Welcome.

ALEX. 14-05-2013 05:07 PM

Hey Josh.
Good to see you on here.
Sometimes people give motorsport a try, or jump on here for a bit, or come to one cruise, and then you never see or hear form them again which is a bit of a shame. So stick around a while :)
And don't convert your RX to a WRX ;)

joshrx 14-05-2013 06:04 PM

Thanks guys :)

I was thinking an RX to WRX conversion would be a good learning experience, but I have spoken to one or two people who did it and believe it wasn't worth the effort. So many more areas to cover before even thinking along these lines :P

Cat 14-05-2013 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=joshrx;753155]Thanks guys :)

I was thinking an RX to WRX conversion would be a good learning experience, but I have spoken to one or two people who did it and believe it wasn't worth the effort. So many more areas to cover before even thinking along these lines :P[/QUOTE]

Welcome Josh,

Here is a third persons opinion.......DON'T DO IT, trust me on this.

Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Dan [GTI] 14-05-2013 07:38 PM

Welcome.

[QUOTE=subaru4eva93;753175]...DON'T DO IT, trust me on this. [/QUOTE]

Listen to this lady ^^^ She has been there and done/doing that :D

wrexed 15-05-2013 12:56 PM

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum. I am a newbie myself, conversion can be very expensive - learning from experience when trying to convert my wrx into the STi.

Saint_23 15-05-2013 01:16 PM

Welcome to perth-wrx.
Good plan to learn driving skills and then going for more power.

Don't do a conversion. Lots of time, money, hassle.
Only reason to do it is if you want to strip the shell bare and build a dedicated race car.