Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Newbie (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/58888-newbie.html)

Simmo16 30-07-2014 09:08 PM

Hi Guys i`m very new to this . I have just bought a 2000 MY01 impreza wrx turbo with a muffler (for noise). Just wondering what or if there is anything i should do to this car as it is apparently stock & i know stuff all about cars ?? I have looked on you tube & there were some things on there like sway bars etc , turbo etc. Was looking at a Cold air intake , would that be of any value ? & should i get someone to check it out if it has the stock cat converter ( saw on you tube they are Shit ).............Any help would be appreciated. P.S. i have a top mount intercooler.( if that helps)???

Jezza 30-07-2014 09:11 PM

Welcome.

Post up some pictures!

In regards to your modification options, it really depends on what you plan to use the car for and how much money you want to put into it.

Goes by the old saying, your car can be 2 of the following:
- Fast
- Reliable
- Cheap

Simmo16 30-07-2014 09:19 PM

will post some pics yeh. dunno wat i want really prob just a bit faster , used for everyday use inc work , prob dont want to get too far involved into it . too much $$$ & i dont know wat im doing ??

Simmo16 30-07-2014 10:01 PM

newbie pics

2 Attachment(s)
heres a couple of pics

Jezza 30-07-2014 10:14 PM

Looks pretty tidy, factory engine bay. Better get a cap for that sprayer reservoir

StewyD32 30-07-2014 10:27 PM

Welcome to the club. I'm new too.
Looks like a tidy motor.
Any mods you have to do will be based on your wallet.
If your on a low budget your not going to get a lot of performance difference.
CAI will probably be the cheapest mod you can start off with.

They guys here will know a lot more than me. I'm used to early 90 mitsubishi's

Jezza 30-07-2014 10:36 PM

CAI doesn't really do anything much for performance, just gives you a good induction noise.
TBE and good tyres are the best bang for buck. Then sway bars and strut braces.

StephenR 30-07-2014 10:37 PM

check out ultrex website,best bang for buck cat back systems.

Save for a VF 34 and tune at the same time plus new fuel pump and some second hand cleaned and tested sti pinks.
Have it tuned and enjoy.

I recommend allstars as sean will not ping your motor on the dyno while tuning as this is where engine damage will occour.
The only other place to get a tune is maximums.

But this is only my 2 cents worth......oh and welcome !

Simmo16 30-07-2014 11:23 PM

Kwinana performance any good??? & the cap missing is the window washer .. haha

s20525xxx 30-07-2014 11:34 PM

Nice pick, I use mine as daily too. Turboback exhaust and swaybar would be the most cost efficient mods. Dont hold back on spending towards service and tyres.

Evolution r is my pick, Mao's price is unbeatable. Go has look his facebook page @ Mao Gan. He is both x force and whiteline's distributor.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app