Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   New MY15 STI (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/59348-new-my15-sti.html)

BroomeSTI 16-09-2014 07:37 PM

New MY15 STI

Hi there, I've just joined PerthWRX to get any local info on the new STI and anyone's experiences with getting them modified. I'm talking about an exhaust system and a retune. I've enquired about Maximum Motorsport mods including what I've mentioned above. Does anyone have any experience with them good/bad?
Second thing I'm curious about is if any track days are organised in Perth.
Happy with the new car but I know it's easy to get more out of it.

s20525xxx 16-09-2014 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=BroomeSTI;808060]Hi there, I've just joined PerthWRX to get any local info on the new STI and anyone's experiences with getting them modified. I'm talking about an exhaust system and a retune. I've enquired about Maximum Motorsport mods including what I've mentioned above. Does anyone have any experience with them good/bad?
Happy with the new car but I know it's easy to get more out of it.[/QUOTE]

I have one for previous gen sti and r very high quility, they r made by butler, so buying from him directly may be cheaper. Otherwise, mishimoto and invidia (supplied by race torque, they r also ecutek dealer, and the better one imo) r good choices as well.

Have a look no limit night and mc motoraport for track day info.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

nick73 16-09-2014 08:22 PM

Custom dump pipe and titanium catback. Get rid of some weight, I hear the new model is rather porky.

McMotorsport is awsome fun.

BroomeSTI 17-09-2014 12:56 PM

Thanks for the track day info, I might call up racetorque and see what they have to say, only enquiring at this stage, but there is an extremely highly likelihood that I will get the mods done.

XT43 17-09-2014 03:44 PM

Can't go wrong with Maximums.

become a member of WRX Club of WA and you'll get a heap of track days plus driver training. It is also a CAMS affiliated club which means you'll be able to get your CAMS license which you need for most track days in Perth.

Next meet is a two day event down in Collie in November which is always good fun.

BroomeSTI 18-09-2014 12:51 PM

Thanks XT43

Sounds good mate, thanks for the info

nauli 18-09-2014 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=BroomeSTI;808060]Hi there, I've just joined PerthWRX to get any local info on the new STI and anyone's experiences with getting them modified. I'm talking about an exhaust system and a retune. I've enquired about Maximum Motorsport mods including what I've mentioned above. Does anyone have any experience with them good/bad?
Happy with the new car but I know it's easy to get more out of it.[/QUOTE]

Seeing you've purchased a new STI, youy are entitled to 12 months complimentary membership of the WRX Club of WA....anyone buying a new WRX or STI is entitled to this. The dealership should have given you a complimentary membership form to fill in and post off....if not ask them

As XT43 above mentioned there are plenty of track days , cruises etc when you join the Club.

WhyULook 18-09-2014 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;808186]Seeing you've purchased a new STI, youy are entitled to 12 months complimentary membership of the WRX Club of WA....anyone buying a new WRX or STI is entitled to this. The dealership should have given you a complimentary membership form to fill in and post off....if not ask them

As XT43 above mentioned there are plenty of track days , cruises etc when you join the Club.[/QUOTE]
I asked the salesman I bought my wrx off about this yeterday he said he wasnt aware of it but would get back to me

3TOBFREE 30-09-2014 12:07 AM

Ill second that... i picked my new sti last week and got told nothing about memberships- then agajn i didnt get much about nothing with those guys...

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

WhyULook 30-09-2014 07:58 AM

I called my dealer again and he said they only give 4 wheel drive club membership or something like that