Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   A new Subie fan (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/66304-new-subie-fan.html)

Mordranai 30-09-2016 11:57 PM

A new Subie fan

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Gentle Forum Users

Just a new scoobie fan saying g'day.

I've have a silver 2003 MY04 GDB WRX Sti. Great car which may have started a new love affair. Always been partial to japanese metal although for a small saloon I'd always leaned more to a EVO. My subie though certainly redress's that imbalance.

My Silver bullet is a keeper. Although it needs some tender loving care soon. Trawled the workshop thread. Picked at least 5 workshops for maintenance and upgrades. List is fairly extensive so I hope they'll take pity on me.

Anyway its nice to be able to share my love of cars with the like minded.

Here's a few pics...

Rslib72 01-10-2016 06:17 AM

that was a very passionate intro post....welcome very nice looking car by the way.

TROLLEY 01-10-2016 04:46 PM

Welcome aboard, nice purchase. Being in Lockridge, I hope it's parked in an enclosed garage and not visible from the street, haha.

Soultrade 01-10-2016 07:14 PM

Nice looking ride. What's your plans for it? and has it got any work already done to it?

Mordranai 19-10-2016 05:11 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.... Sorry for the VERY late reply haven't been online much lately.

The car is mostly stock. Previous owner kept it pretty well maintained. For a car of its age and type there aren't any serious issues. It has Link ecu tune, CAI, Biltstein coil overs, 3" turbo back exhaust, Manual boost control, and Whiteline rear suspension brace/sway bar.

I'm keeping the car a daily but I've an extensive list of maintenance and bolt on upgrades to do. Going to be doing the work myself (huge learning curve). I will take it for a comprehensive inspection and for the engine re-tune with a good workshop once its back together but I'm weeks away from that. Still waiting on parts.....

I won't bother to put the whole shopping list down but I'm doing the usual stage 1/2 works and maintenance for the vintage;

Exhaust
Turbo
Fuel System
CAI
Intercooler
BOV
Vacuum hoses/Radiator hoses
Water pump & Thermostat
Cam shaft seals
Serpentine belts
Timing belt and pulleys
Radiator
All fluids
CV boots
A few dress up pieces....

I'm trying to be comprehensive, problem is were to stop. Cash flow being better I'd probably end up completely rebuilding the car.

The Silver bullet lives in a locked garage so its relatively safe. lol ;)

Had the luck/misfortune of living in Lockridge over 5 years now. Never had a problem. Course I'd be the first person to say its hardly a wealthy area.

I don't draw too much attention anyway my area's more known for V8 stuff...

Soultrade 19-10-2016 09:30 PM

It's good you're going to try and do the work yourself. What I can suggest is maybe a few days before you tackle a job you're not sure about, post it on here and I sure a few guys will give you some tips and answer any questions. Some of the stuff mentioned above I've done myself and this is the first Subaru I've worked on.

dan@tokyomotosports 20-10-2016 09:38 AM

Welcome :D

Jacob92 20-10-2016 09:46 AM

Welcome mate 🖒

using the Perth-WRX mobile app