Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Kido Racing
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2012, 08:18 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level
Default May special on BRAKES!

This special is only available for orders placed in May.

This is a read hot deal so get on it quick.

8 Pot Calipers for the price of 6 Pot with your choice of 330x32mm, 356x32mm or massive 380x32mm rotors.

You can save hundreds on this deal and get some truly high performance brakes. Remember we are talking 8 Pot calipers, thats twice as many pots as the most common brake upgrades around. For example, STi Brembo front rotors are only 326mm x 30mm rotors with 4 pots calipers.

Check prices here: http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-rac...ng-prices.html

Just to top off this red hot special, you can also order our brand new Digital Brake Temperature Display option for 1/2 price with the above offer. Yes 1/2 price!
Attached Thumbnails
brake_temp1.jpg   red hot.jpg  

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

lad at standard level

Jeez talk about cryptic

Which 6 pot calipers are the 8's the same price as? You've got mini, middy, and big in the 6 pot range?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Sorry if I wasn't clear, its an upgrade from the Big 6pot to the 8pot in your choice of those 3 rotor sizes for the front end.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

On your link to the original thread, you have prices for 6 pot mini, 6 pot middy and 6 pot big.

In this post you are saying you can have the 8 pots for the price of 6 pots. But which 6 pots (you have 3 options)?

As per my comment in your other thread, you must stipulate a price in the thread rather than links or PM'ing for prices. Please fix this or us mods will have to start removing these threads.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:56 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

For Kato's benefit

8 Pot 330x32 rotor is now $1933.18 save $206.46
8 Pot 356x32 rotor is now $1985.16 save $206.45
8 Pot 380x32 rotor is now $2063.12 save $231.00

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Vendor

gslrallysport at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_for_me View Post
Remember we are talking 8 Pot calipers, thats twice as many pots as the most common brake upgrades around.
Are you implying that more pistons = better?

Would your 8 pots outperform the 4 pots that come on current model VE HSV's and replaced the 6 pots from the previous model VZ HSV?

Not trying to be smart, genuinely interested in your justification...
jEstEr?, Rossco, RUSSGT and 1 others like this.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
Are you implying that more pistons = better?
Absolutely, but I am not going to try and justify that, instead I will let you read what others say.

HowStuffWorks "Performance Brake Calipers"

PBR Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
Would your 8 pots outperform the 4 pots that come on current model VE HSV's and replaced the 6 pots from the previous model VZ HSV?

Not trying to be smart, genuinely interested in your justification...
I have just Googled VE HSV brakes and failed to find a spec for them. The HSV site is pretty useless too. I did find a comment on a forum that said 18" wheels will fit over the 4 pot Clubsport brake setup, so on that basis I am going to suggest that the rotors will be no bigger than 356mm. If we replace the HSV brakes with a Kido 8 pot kit of the same rotor diameter I expect to see an improvement in braking capacity. If we increase the rotor diameter to say 380mm we will see a very significant improvement. The reasons for this are explained in the links above.

On a side note, the last HSV I owned was a VX GTS which had 6 pot calipers with (from memory) 330mm rotors on the front and 4 pot calipers on the rear, so it looks like HSV are almost going backwards in their brake setups.

Me picking up the car way back in 2000.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Vendor

gslrallysport at standard level

Please don't take any of the following as a criticism of your product, and we don't sell what you're selling, so we're not trying to bag the competition, but please get some facts straight when trying to use them to promote your product...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_for_me View Post
Absolutely, but I am not going to try and justify that, instead I will let you read what others say.

HowStuffWorks "Performance Brake Calipers"
Ok, well their justification of "Increasing the number of pistons also serves to increase the clamping force of the caliper" definitely isn't true. If it is then someone forgot to tell BMW as the M3, with it's single piston caliper, brakes just fine...

Cool. If I was selling super expensive multi piston kits I'd say something along those lines too. And coming from the company that originally provided the Z06 Corvette with a 6 pad 6 piston front caliper, and later had it dropped for a 'lesser' caliper...

Quote:
I have just Googled VE HSV brakes and failed to find a spec for them. The HSV site is pretty useless too. I did find a comment on a forum that said 18" wheels will fit over the 4 pot Clubsport brake setup, so on that basis I am going to suggest that the rotors will be no bigger than 356mm.
VZ HSV: 6 piston on 362mm rotor
VE HSV: 4 piston on 365mm rotor
Both take exactly the same pad, and the later definitely out brakes the former... by a lot more than 3mm of leverage suggests.

Quote:
If we replace the HSV brakes with a Kido 8 pot kit of the same rotor diameter I expect to see an improvement in braking capacity.
Over high end AP calipers? I'm sorry, no.

Quote:
If we increase the rotor diameter to say 380mm we will see a very significant improvement. The reasons for this are explained in the links above.
Absolutely. But nothing to do with piston count. And with the trade off of higher unsprung weight, reducing the effectiveness of the suspension. Diameter isn't everything, and Evo4-9 rally cars do just fine with their 276 or 294mm front rotors. Or even STi rally cars with their 294mm...

Quote:
On a side note, the last HSV I owned was a VX GTS which had 6 pot calipers with (from memory) 330mm rotors on the front and 4 pot calipers on the rear, so it looks like HSV are almost going backwards in their brake setups.
VX GTS ran 4 piston front and rear Harrop calipers, which are just a copy of a mid 80's Porsche Brembo, on 343/330mm rotors. And definitely notbackwards from the AP gear supplied currently.

Happy to be proven wrong, if you've found a R35 GTR owner that's swapped their 6 piston Brembo or a VE HSV owner that's swapped their 4 piston AP, for an 8 piston caliper of the above price point, and said it's an improvement, then awesome. But I just can't see it.
jEstEr?, RUSSGT and Terry.Wrist like this.

Last edited by gslrallysport; 09-05-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

It's interesting that you choose the M3 as an example of a single piston application. It's not exactly comparing apples with apples is it?
BMW have designed a radically different brake setup which does only use one piston, but they have addressed most of the issues which multi-pot brake also try to address. Their approach has been different. They use a fully floating Alumina Fibre Ceramic rotor. I guess that you are aware that ceramic rotors are extremely fade resistant. The reason for choosing the Alumina Fibre base is to provide both light weight and high conductivity as well as a high thermal mass, all good things. The method of floating the rotor is new, and has much less friction than earlier designs. The problem of pad flex under pressure, which multi-pot brakes reduce has been overcome by the design of the pad backing which can be somewhat thicker then normal as they don't need to provide the room for the pots between the rotor and the wheel spokes.

I haven't seen the price of replacement calipers or rotors for the M3, but I am expecting that you could by 5 of my brake sets for the price of one of theirs.

You seem to know a lot more about HSV brakes than I do. I haven't kept track of them since I sold the GTS, and that car was not good at braking because the ABS would cut in way to early. Not a problem with the brakes themselves. Prior to the GTS I had a VT Clubsport (4 pot brakes) and it would pull up much harder without the ABS cutting in. The GTS ran 6 pot HSV branded calipers on the front, as I previously stated. Maybe that was an option, I don't remember now.

The KiDo Racing 6 and 8 pot calipers are direct replacements for AP Racing calipers and use the same pads. The rotors are also interchangeable.

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

I forgot to mention above, the M3 uses a much smaller than conventional pad size, which makes the single piston viable. They can do this due to the unique rotor material which dissipates and absorbs the thermal energy radically better than conventional cast steel rotors.

www.kido-racing.com.au

Tags
8pot, brakes, brembo, special