Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 02:51 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default Support for Police

Hi everyone...

I'm going to share a story about a female police officer who, at the time, was a friend of mine (since lost contact). She never once spoke about this incident. She is slightly taller than average for a woman, and of slim build, just to put you in the picture for what follows. The incident is publicly undocumented to my knowledge, but I strongly believe this lady's experience should be shared.. Please don't PM me for further details such as her identity etc... I will ONLY answer to the site Admin if further verification is required.

Just prior to resigning from the Police Force in 1998, I received an internal memo on what was known as "Netmail" (an early form of what we all know as email).

When this officer was stationed in the northern suburbs of Perth, she and her male colleague were called to the scene of a violent domestic in the Warwick region.

Upon arrival and before backup had arrived, the male officer was set upon by a mob of Aboriginals at the scene, he was assaulted and fell to ground and they started sinking the boot.

The female officer on seeing this, cried out "Please, leave him alone"; then, without any regard for her own welfare, placed her body over her partner in the belief that the mob would stop kicking the male officer, who by this time was already unconscious. Her ploy worked, and the mob stopped their assault. Backup arrived and arrests were made.

The part that p!sses me off about the whole event is that the female officer was only recognized and commended for her conduct, two Police Commissioners later, in the memo mentioned above, and several years after the incident. As far as I'm concerned, she deserves no less than a bravery medal, which was never forthcoming.

So, the next time you score a yellow for something which should not be on your car, or maybe a speeding ticket, try to keep in mind that cops are human and not superhuman as many of us would like to think. They are just doing a mostly thankless job and there are times when some of them go well beyond the call of duty...
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to westoz For This Useful Post:
DAN682 (02-02-2013), freak (02-02-2013), gorotsuki69 (03-02-2013), Kato (04-02-2013), mitchwnz (02-02-2013), pcracing (04-02-2013), Pimpreza (02-02-2013), RS_207 (10-02-2013), silver_opal (03-02-2013), Tiigga (02-02-2013), Top-Deck (04-02-2013), TROLLEY (02-02-2013), tuna (02-02-2013), X12 SRT (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 AM
STI Master

steve-lang knows their stuff

I agree with you whole heartedly! Personally I've never had a run in with a "bad" cop, however that's not to say they don't exist, I've seen a few, and heard about many a "pig" it's a minority thing in my opinion.

We can't live with out them, they deserve better for the utter pieces of shit they deal with daily in society.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

redlib at standard level

I to agree with this, I have met a lot of nice cops, the older guys and some of the female cops are probably the nicest ones you will meet, but unfortunately these new young cops, all this "power" of being a cop has gone to there head and think they can say and do what they like.

Just my opinion.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

met good cops and straight up corrupt ones, same with blackies.. some are mates some are full blown coons.. stereotypes are bullshit
Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Next time I cop a bullshit speeding fine or yellow Ill remember that cops should be out there stopping domestic violence, rape, drug dealing, theft etc, and not giving out bullshit fines or yellows.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

As has been said by a few here before, alot of the attitude that people get from cops is a reflection of what has been dished out to them. I personally have never copped a yellow sticker or had the bad cop scenario. In my 15 years since I got my license I have probably been pulled over half a dozen times or less. Alot of it is probably luck but also if you give out the respect that you deserve then you shouldn't have too many dramas. I was let off for speeding at one point and I was honest with the cop that I knew exactly what speed I was doing, I just didn't realised it had dropped from an 80 to a 70 zone.

Not saying that it doesn't happen but alot of the time I reckon a sticker can be avoided by pulling your head in, keep your car clean and legal looking, and if you fuck up, be straight and admit it.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 PM
STI Master

norwest_rumbler at standard level

^agreed, too much whinging about SFA really.
get your heap of a car road legal & if you don't want to, don't whinge about it when you cop a 'bullshit yellow'
Old 02-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

People need to realize that traffic cop ≠ cop dealing with domestic duties.

"should be out there catching real crims instead of giving me a yellow because my car is 8cm off the ground" boohoo, blah blah blah.

Yes there should be more emphasis on serious crime and more cops "on the beat", etc. but the shit decisions are made by politicians and WAPOL, not at street level by the cops. They're doing their job and following directives. As a teacher I don't like asking kids to pick up rubbish near them or telling them to tuck their shirts in but if I don't I will get hauled over the coals and shown the door if I don't set an example and follow the rules myself.
gorotsuki69 (03-02-2013), norwest_rumbler (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
People need to realize that traffic cop ≠ cop dealing with domestic duties.

"should be out there catching real crims instead of giving me a yellow because my car is 8cm off the ground" boohoo, blah blah blah.
I get tired of seeing people whinge about how a cop that pulled them over, should be catching real crooks. (NEWSFLASH - you broke the rules - like them or not)
As you point above, a cop on traffic duty IS doing as he/she is supposed to be, and like any other organisation/group, cops have different divisions/sections. Traffic being one of them. (amount of resources devoted to the various sections is not up to the individual cops)
While I acknowledge there are cops out there with bad attitudes, they are in the monority (in my experience) and generally speaking, if you give them respect, you shall receive.

Personally have a lot of respect for the job they do, especially give they way they get treated by the public sometimes.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

I wish more cars got yellow stickers, the amount of cars i see with missing tail lights/crack windscreens/stupid offset 4wd tyres is frustrating, get these jokers off the road and half the idiots will no longer be mobile!

Long live the WRC
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuna For This Useful Post:
Champ (02-02-2013), Master D (02-02-2013), Top-Deck (04-02-2013), TROLLEY (02-02-2013)

Tags
cool story bro, police, support