Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   CAMS National Rally Licence (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/28326-cams-national-rally-licence.html)

BLUES 03-08-2009 03:00 PM

CAMS National Rally Licence

Part of the NR Licence requirement is an Observed Licence Test (OLT).

CAMS states that "OLTs can be conducted by the following:

* An approved CAMS private provider
* A CAMS appointed OLT Evaluator"

Anyone here an OLT private provider and/or appointed OLT Evaluator or know someone who is? I haven't rung the local CAMS office yet (thought I would try here first).

astralex 03-08-2009 03:21 PM

I know back when I got my NR I was already a member of a rally club, and simply went along to one of the club events, having already told CAMS that I wanted to do my OLTs. I would have to think it'd be no different now. If so your best bet is to join a club, and talk to them about when their events are, and whether an Evaluator will be there.

Welby 03-08-2009 03:30 PM

Thay have a couple at he WASCC.

gslrallysport 03-08-2009 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=astralex;382635]I know back when I got my NR I was already a member of a rally club, and simply went along to one of the club events, having already told CAMS that I wanted to do my OLTs. I would have to think it'd be no different now. If so your best bet is to join a club, and talk to them about when their events are, and whether an Evaluator will be there.[/QUOTE]
yep, it's been a while for me, but I'm pretty sure that any event with a cams steward present, which is most (except some club level stuff) can be your OLT. Just tell the steward before the event starts that you need to be observed.

Also it's got nothing to do with your driving ability, it's purely that you can follow rules and officials etc...

jEstEr? 03-08-2009 04:41 PM

Call Ivan at GoGear? he just went thought the process afaik

BLUES 03-08-2009 04:57 PM

Got the process sorted - trying to establish who might be a OLT provider/evaluator amongst the WRX fraternity, etc, rather than some random CAMS bod.

urabus 03-08-2009 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES;382662]Got the process sorted - trying to establish who might be a OLT provider/evaluator amongst the WRX fraternity, etc, rather than some random CAMS bod.[/QUOTE]

Fogz did mine up at a no limits night. Was the easiest thing I have ever done....

I dont think you can just enter an event and get the CAMS steward to do it. There are very few who can judge.

Give fogz a bell.

Brendon

WRC 03-08-2009 07:00 PM

Ian who stewards at most SES events can do it.

astralex 03-08-2009 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=gslrallysport;382642]Also it's got nothing to do with your driving ability, it's purely that you can follow rules and officials etc...[/QUOTE]

Correction! I actually know someone who failed a OLT because they were driving like my grandma would her gopher to church on a sunday.

And I think you need two (?)

Andy 03-08-2009 10:17 PM

easiest way to get it is to do a khanacross/motorkhana and tell them you want to be observed...need to complete 2 within 3 months

I got told I wouldnt Pass my OLT unless i started pulling the handbrake