Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   No Limits Car Club - back on Barbs 10th May (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/48122-no-limits-car-club-back-barbs-10th-may.html)

teejay 29-03-2012 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=Master D;664849]you rock up and do it in the dark.
the track is floodlit and there are a couple of instructors on hand to give you pointers all night, they are all great guys and regularly compete in local events.
most of the time, Franz is it least there. Jai is good help too. Ducky is an awesome instructor, great guy too.[/QUOTE]

If they have themselves in order you can usually get a couple of laps in with the sun still up to give you an idea of where the track goes.

Master D 29-03-2012 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=zver333;665103]Got Cams approved extinguisher -($27), where can i get it tagged?
Got Dot4 brake fluid ($50) - read up on bleeding brakes but not confident
Looking at getting Bendix pads (i think ultimate on the front and GCT on the rear - about $300)
Rotors are pricy gonna give those a miss and looking at photos they dont look any diff to stock WRX ones - they might be a little bigger - can someone confirm?
Looking at stock 08/09 WRX rims and tires. Apart from making the car look better what are pros and cons with wheel sizes (16/17 inch only)? I need to replace tires and im thinking of upgrading.
helmet - will need to borrow one, too much $$.
Cams L2S, membership and battery triangle still need to get.

Alex what sort of discounts do you get when you join WRX WA club?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, i wouldnt go changing much as the worst thing you want to is change the handling characteristics of your car then go throw it at a track where there are so many unknowns to you.
Ie new course, other cars, speed, night time etc etc.

Get the brakes sorted - just pads n fluid - get a helmet, batt sticker & the paperwork then come along and learn what you can. Once the night is over ( bank account recovered too lol) invest in tyres, rotors, rims etc as you need them.

Having a car your comfortable with & driving the pants off that will be more rewarding than having a new setup and not being sure how hard you can/cant push on.

My 2c worth anyways

Addy 29-03-2012 10:37 AM

Get brake pads from gsl (look in vendors section of the forum.
Brake fluid is $12 for 500ml (Castrol super dot 4 at repco)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RUSSGT 29-03-2012 10:47 AM

Get propper fluid from GSL aswell. $12 castrol stuff coils fast!

zver333 29-03-2012 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;665206]If you join no limits car club you get $50 off your first no limits night. Also if a $70 helmet is too expensive for you I would consider not doing motorsport.[/QUOTE]

what? a bicycle helmet? The ones I looked at cost $400++, having a $70 helmet is like having no helmet at all. Hit your head on a pillar and its all over red rover.

98kellrs 29-03-2012 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=zver333;665443]what? a bicycle helmet? The ones I looked at cost $400++, having a $70 helmet is like having no helmet at all. Hit your head on a pillar and its all over red rover.[/QUOTE]

A motorbike helmet; cheaper and still more than tough enough.

Matty05 29-03-2012 09:12 PM

If you believe your head and what is in it is worth $70 go and buy a $70 helmet if you value your head buy something that reflects your intelligence not your bank balance you dont get a second chance with that shit
anything that meets aust standards or snell rating will suffice

Master D 29-03-2012 10:04 PM

all proper helmets sold in australia have to meet aus standards.

My helmet cost me $200 and is a proper motorcycle helmet. its a hjc, suits my big head and is really comfy :-D

RUSSGT 30-03-2012 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=zver333;665443]what? a bicycle helmet? The ones I looked at cost $400++, having a $70 helmet is like having no helmet at all. Hit your head on a pillar and its all over red rover.[/QUOTE]
haha no. Go to a motorbike shop. Pick up open face helmets for $70. Or full face for a bit more. All meet aus standards.

kid 30-03-2012 10:23 AM

If you intend on doing this regularly, just invest in a better helmet...