Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff
Default Motorkhana 2012 – April29, June2, July8, Aug5, Oct28

Supp regs are here:
http://www.motorkhana-wa.com/wp-cont...2-approved.pdf

The Motorkhana Come and Try day in February was a great success, with a large number of people coming to try their hand at the sport. If you're interested in some more fun, read on.

The 2012 State Motorkhana Championship kicks off on Sunday 29th April @ RAC Driving Centre, with a maximum entry fee of just $40 per round!
Dates for each round are: April 29, June 2, July 8, August 5, October 28.

The Championship consists of five rounds, of which your four best are counted towards Championship points.

There are two categories you can enter: State and Club.
*STATE
State entries award you points towards the State Championship and include the ability to enter with teams and the potential to win trophies for a variety of categories including your Class position, Best Newcomer (if it's your first year) and novelty awards.
Entry for a State round is $40 ($25 for under-18s).
*CLUB ONLY
Club Only entries are an introductory level of entry. Club Only competitors will have an option to drive an alternative forward-only course around any test with reversing elements (N.B. tests with reversing elements make up 25% of the total number used each round).
The reduced entry fee of just $35 ($20 for under-18s) does not entitle the competitor to State Championship points or any trophies as listed, or to be a member of a team.
A club entry is ideal if you wish to only participate in one, two or three rounds without the pressure of a Championship on your mind.

WHAT YOU NEED:
*LICENCE:
Competitors will be required to produce a current Level 2NSJ or higher grade CAMS license together with a current (CAMS affiliated) club membership card and vehicle logbook (if issued) at registration/scrutiny. Level 1 (come and try) licenses may be available on the day, from the organiser for Club Only Entries. Participants holding a Level 1 license will not participate in any competitive aspects of the event and shall abide by the CAMS Come & Try Policy.
Participants holding a Level 1 license will not be timed or included in the results, with the purpose of the license enabling new participants to experience motorsport.
*SAFETY:
All drivers whilst competing must wear a minimum of a properly adjusted lap-type seat belt.
Adequate footwear shall be worn whilst competing. Bare feet, thongs or sandals are not permitted.
You do NOT require a helmet unless you are in a 'Special', which is basically a gokart (see Sup Regs for detailed clarification).

For entry forms, the Supplementary Regulations, news, pics and videos, head to the fresh new WA Motorkhana website!
Motorkhana WA

And here's a great write-up on improving your technique, including getting your handbrake to work properly
http://www.motorkhana-wa.com/wp-cont...a-Newcomer.pdf

And here's the obligatory 'get into it!' video.
Motorkhana Promo -- Short - YouTube

Last edited by ALEX.; 28-07-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 19-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Sir AntiLag

N1GHTH4WK92 at standard level

I am quiet keen to give this a shot as a lvl 1. I cannot attend the July/August events though as I will be FIFO for 6 weeks. Would that be an issue or can level 1 entrants rock up to whatever rounds they wish?
Old 19-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1GHTH4WK92 View Post
I am quiet keen to give this a shot as a lvl 1. I cannot attend the July/August events though as I will be FIFO for 6 weeks. Would that be an issue or can level 1 entrants rock up to whatever rounds they wish?
I'm quite sure that a CAMS Level 1 licence is a licence which can be used only once per year. After that, you need to purchase a 'full' licence, such as Level 2 Non-speed or Level 2 Speed.
Since you entered the Come and Try day (an I'll assumed you got the temporary CAMS licence that day (level 1)?) then that's yours used up for the year. You will need to buy a full licence.

You turn up to whatever round you want, as long as your entry is received by the Thursday before it is held (Sundays).
Old 20-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Scoobie Noobie

MINIMOKE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
I'm quite sure that a CAMS Level 1 licence is a licence which can be used only once per year. After that, you need to purchase a 'full' licence, such as Level 2 Non-speed or Level 2 Speed.
Since you entered the Come and Try day (an I'll assumed you got the temporary CAMS licence that day (level 1)?) then that's yours used up for the year. You will need to buy a full licence.

You turn up to whatever round you want, as long as your entry is received by the Thursday before it is held (Sundays).
Thanks Alex,
What you said is absolutely correct. In fact the Mini Car Club was not planning to extend the use of L1 licences beyond the two dedicated Come 'n' Try days run each year.
Here's a link to the CAMS licences fees. Scroll down to Level 2. If you're thinking you might want to have a go at circuit sprints or hillclimbs go for Level 2 Speed; otherwise all you need is a Level 2 Non-Speed.
Dave
Old 19-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Sir AntiLag

squid at standard level

Am Keen if i can get to them, might have to just shuffle shifts around

:)
Old 19-04-2012, 12:07 PM
STI Master

Terry.Wrist at standard level

Come n Try day was fun, I'll definitely be down for a few of these (may miss one or two due to work )
Old 19-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sethi3 at standard level

Sucks that the first round is on the same day as the WRX Club WA event. Might give the June 2nd event a go instead!
Old 19-04-2012, 08:58 PM
STI Master

Qu3xy at standard level

Totes keen bro Just printed out the entry form.

APCV-R
AutoPro Canning Vale Racing
Old 20-04-2012, 08:24 AM
STI Master

Qu3xy at standard level

damn. Just realised I am abseiling off the Woodside building on April 29. Looks like I'm missing the first round!

APCV-R
AutoPro Canning Vale Racing
Old 23-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

I can see there's a few keen people here. But am I right in thinking that most of you might enter the Club Championship rather than the State Championship because you think you won't be competitive if you can only make it to 3 or 4 rounds?

If this is the case, I think that you should still give the State entry a go. Why? Well since most people expressing interest here are in the same boat (can only make limited rounds) then if, say, five people are only able to do three rounds you're all on an even keel.
For the sake of an extra $5 entry, don't rob yourself of the chance to win yourself a Class trophy, or a Handicapped trophy, etc.

Entries to be received by thursday! Hope you make it and we can enter a team together

Tags
2012, 29, april, april29, aug5, july8, june2, motorkhana, oct28