Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2015, 05:45 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Wow that's mint my foz would only let me do that if it was sideways ... More camber and turn it mods required ... Saying that back corner at 4-5k in 2nd which is much better torque wise with my set up

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 29-06-2015, 01:23 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

This was my last run. This was my quickest of the day with a time of 2:56:075 (176.075s). And as you can see there is room to improve here. First lap approach to the second corner for example haha. And also i was carrying more speed in previous runs thru some of the corners out the back too. Just need to string one perfect, disciplined, quick run together. And this was the run where i attempted to handbrake turn the first hairpin. Just pulled the stick and put the boot in and the car just lit the wheels up and pulled itself round. Hanged out a bit wide on the exit, but it was so smooth, Felt good :lol: Murray, the event announcer called it as the best handbraky of the AM session. Wish the gopro was aimed just a bit lower to see the lever.

TROLLEY likes this.
Old 29-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Enough of the repetitive posts please. You have posted the same stuff twice each time in your build thread and the sprint series thread. We get it, your car is quick, yes we get it your car went sub three minutes each run....

Also check your gopro for a spot meter setting, if it has one turn it on, it will take out the glare when filming from it's current position.
baylee likes this.
Old 29-06-2015, 08:45 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Enough of the repetitive posts please. You have posted the same stuff twice each time in your build thread and the sprint series thread. We get it, your car is quick, yes we get it your car went sub three minutes each run....
sorry mum. Wont let it happen again.

Dont wanna be "that guy". But it sounds like sour grapes. A seasoned wrx racer getting beat by a forester driven by a guy on his second dry day at RAC ever?

Just let me gloat for a bit. That was a big achievment for me, and it felt good.

And i only posted my fastest run and morning results in this thread. I kept all the others for my car thread.

Quote:

Also check your gopro for a spot meter setting, if it has one turn it on, it will take out the glare when filming from it's current position.
Yes. I have that option on. It still does it. I usually have camera moubted from the center rear view. Just thought id try in-car for yesterday. Think i need 2 cams. Then do picture in picture.
Old 29-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Nice work guys! Not everyone checks build threads. Post them up! Better than Gordons posts.
TROLLEY and nick73 like this.

http://kap.industries/
Old 29-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Hehe seasoned wrx racer! Not!

I've done about 170 laps out there mate. I still have so much to learn, seat time is the best mod, and tyres, and brake pads...

I don't care who beats me on the day, my car is a family car first and foremost. The first bit of prep I do before race day is take the baby seats out....

Yes you are gloating, that was part of my point. Nothing to see hear move along.
Brodz likes this.
Old 29-06-2015, 12:34 PM
STI Master

Damo69 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
god wrx owners are pansy's
tinno, dnbosiris and h2ohh like this.

60.7 Long Track at Barbs
57.6 at RAC Reverse circuit.
Old 29-06-2015, 01:01 PM

BTW Bram that Hand braky was epic! Prob the best i have seen! Too bad they are the slow way around. Make for a great show!

Old 29-06-2015, 01:44 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

For me on the day, the old 'drift wand' was quicker i think. I had some understeer on really tight turns. (That one and the apex of the next right hander) so i think if done right it would def be quicker. Colder tyres cos first turn probably makes it more so? That one wasnt very tight though, it was a big loopy slide with heaps of tyre spin. I think it needs more practice to really do effectively. Plus, i ended up right at the far side of the skidpan, so had to cross more ground to get to the next turn. I only attempted it on my last run which was also my fastest, so cant say for sure, but i reckon in that situation, if done right, it would be quicker.

Last edited by Bram; 29-06-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 29-06-2015, 02:17 PM

All the quick guys drive around it. I have tried it a few times and although looking cool, for me its deffo slower.

Tags
2015, mc, motorsport, rac, series, sprint