Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   2015 RAC Sprint Series - MC Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/60883-2015-rac-sprint-series-mc-motorsport.html)

Jezza 27-02-2015 10:51 PM

2015 RAC Sprint Series - MC Motorsport

Hi all, I figured I would take it upon myself to do a bit of promotional work :p

The 2015 RAC Sprint Series is soon to be underway.

[B]First round is Sunday 8th March, can do either AM (8-12) or PM (12-4) session. [/B]
First and last course of the season is 'Oyster cove', which is their best track - providing a fast, sweeping course that brings the action nice and close for the spectators :rolleyes:

The Sprint Series now has online booking functionality. It's piggy-backed onto the MC Motorsport booking process, so is a bit clunky, but seems to be much easier than the old fax/email system they used.

[url=http://mcmotorsport.com.au/statesprints]WA Sprint Championship | MC Motorsport[/url]

Use the 'Book online now' link at the top right of the screen and follow the prompts. Alternatively, if you are old school, you can call their office on 1300 137 470 and they will basically do it for you over the phone.

Each round is $120 to compete, with full timing and usually 4 runs each.
AFAIK the field is capped to ~32 cars for each session.

If you are thinking about trying out some competitive motorsport, I've found this to be a great starting point. The tracks are challenging yet much safer than other local courses if you have an off.
There is usually a good mix of cars and drivers, with some people just starting out, and others that compete at Targa level.
The atmosphere is pretty good too - plenty of chatting and shit talking between runs :)

Looking forward to seeing all the regulars there, and hopefully some new faces to compare with!

Cheers,
Jeremy

baylee 27-02-2015 11:13 PM

Nice 1 jezza. Richard & myself are heading down for the tuning session on Monday. $80 for 2-3 hrs of oyster... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jezza 27-02-2015 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=baylee;817723]Nice 1 jezza. Richard & myself are heading down for the tuning session on Monday. $80 for 2-3 hrs of oyster... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Nice, I will see you then. Seems that with the tuning sessions, if you put your RAC membership number in whilst booking, you get a 10% discount ;)

baylee 27-02-2015 11:21 PM

Ahh get nicked really? Haha..

Did see that and didn't do it.. Big $8 now, but be good to know for series entries..

Jezza 27-02-2015 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=baylee;817726]Ahh get nicked really? Haha..

Did see that and didn't do it.. Big $8 now, but be good to know for series entries..

Makes a cheap session even cheaper :)

Didn't work with the series entry though :(

Mick 28-02-2015 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=Jezza;817721]Hi all, I figured I would take it upon myself to do a bit of promotional work :p

[B]First round is Sunday 8th March, can do either AM (8-12) or PM (12-4) session. [/B]
First and last course of the season is 'Oyster cove', which is their best track - providing a fast, sweeping course that brings the action nice and close for the spectators :rolleyes:

The Sprint Series now has online booking functionality. It's piggy-backed onto the MC Motorsport booking process, so is a bit clunky, but seems to be much easier than the old fax/email system they used.

[URL="http://mcmotorsport.com.au/statesprints"]WA Sprint Championship | MC Motorsport[/URL]

Use the 'Book online now' link at the top right of the screen and follow the prompts. Alternatively, if you are old school, you can call their office on 1300 137 470 and they will basically do it for you over the phone.

If you are thinking about trying out some competitive motorsport, I've found this to be a great starting point. The tracks are challenging yet much safer than other local courses if you have an off.
There is usually a good mix of cars and drivers, with some people just starting out, and others that compete at Targa level.
The atmosphere is pretty good too - plenty of chatting and shit talking between runs :)

Looking forward to seeing all the regulars there, and hopefully some new faces to compare with!

Cheers,
Jeremy[/QUOTE]

Nice intro Jezza will be up and running on the 8th unfortunately the cars not ready for the tuning session on Monday.

nick73 28-02-2015 09:48 AM

In for AM session if there's no rain.

baylee 28-02-2015 10:00 AM

Coming Monday nick?

nick73 28-02-2015 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Jezza;817721]Hi all, I figured I would take it upon myself to do a bit of promotional work :p

[url=http://mcmotorsport.com.au/statesprints]WA Sprint Championship | MC Motorsport[/url]

Cheers,
Jeremy[/QUOTE]

They run up to 45 cars per session mate, with the new timing gear they were running towards the end of last season we were getting 4-5 cars at a time on track.

[QUOTE=baylee;817737]Coming Monday nick?

I would love to Ash but the ball n chain says no fucking way! Will catch you Sunday if your in.

XT43 28-02-2015 03:37 PM

In for Sunday pm.