Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level

The rallysprints are much better run. I never saw any faces I know from the rallysprints there as part of the officials or set up.
Sneakynuts likes this.
Old 15-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

All the faces from rally sprints are in rally HQ or scattered across Perth on Targa duties. Email The event team and have your rant, hopefully they will listen.
Old 15-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Will be doing that. Would you have a correct email address for them ? I was going to email David smith from rallysprints first off. Don't know who else to send to. I just think they are more interested in the targa guys than worry about us sprint guys. I guess we will see.
Old 16-08-2016, 06:53 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec 04 View Post
The city sprint was a great event, but why was steve jones in a gc8 when he normally drives an r35 or evo in the main event ?
Steve bought the ex Jamie Lister ex Alex Butler ex Michael Lloyd CG8....very quick car....and put massive tyres on and a six speed in it...
Old 16-08-2016, 06:56 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Will be doing that. Would you have a correct email address for them ? I was going to email David smith from rallysprints first off. Don't know who else to send to. I just think they are more interested in the targa guys than worry about us sprint guys. I guess we will see.
Carl definitely email David....you guys paid good money to run in that event and you deserve to have a good and safe event. I'm not sure who was actually running your event on the day though. The Targa West part of it ran very smoothly but they were only sending out 3 cars at a time with 10 sec intervals.

Last edited by nauli; 16-08-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 16-08-2016, 07:00 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakynuts View Post
Whilst it make no difference to me I have a funny feeling they messed up the winners time

I cannot see how on one run he can pull 12 seconds out of a 2.2km stage...... then never do it again...or even get close.

Especially when cars are 10 seconds or so apart...

I think a car pulled out and they mixed up the timing

http://mstalr.com/results/TCS16_Overall.pdf

The little fiat managed a 1.32 and that is a bloody fast time....so a 1.22........ hmmmm no
There are some quick times there but I can't see a 1:22...no way you could pick up 10 sec on that course. We did 1:41 in the targa car....
Old 16-08-2016, 07:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sneakynuts at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
There are some quick times there but I can't see a 1:22...no way you could pick up 10 sec on that course. We did 1:41 in the targa car....
spec 04 and nauli like this.
Old 16-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Carl definitely email David....you guys paid good money to run in that event and you deserve to have a good and safe event. I'm not sure who was actually running your event on the day though. The Targa West part of it ran very smoothly but they were only sending out 3 cars at a time with 10 sec intervals.
Will be e-mailing David over the next few days Steve. Yes we paid good money and thats what pissed me off again. Really dont think they give rats arse about the sprint guys and why doesnt it surprise me that it ran so smoooothly for you guys. Cant imagine how the shit would hit the fan if they ran it like that for the "big guns" and the near miss would certainly have got more attention if it happened in the afternoon.
Old 17-08-2016, 05:48 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Will be e-mailing David over the next few days Steve. Yes we paid good money and thats what pissed me off again. Really dont think they give rats arse about the sprint guys and why doesnt it surprise me that it ran so smoooothly for you guys. Cant imagine how the shit would hit the fan if they ran it like that for the "big guns" and the near miss would certainly have got more attention if it happened in the afternoon.
I'm not sure who the officials were for the City Sprint Carl. One thing that probably should have happened was a more diligent grouping of the order of running by "the organisers" especially with 10 sec gaps. Releasing a 4th car would have been an honest mistake (albeit very dangerous). I can understand how they couldn't give re-runs though.....the schedule is too tight. I think David will listen to constructive criticism.....remembering that the officials are all volunteers and do their best.
Mcclacker likes this.
Old 17-08-2016, 06:17 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

We were standing directly opposite the entry to the carpark, Carl's situation with a 4th car being released just as another one was coming back off riverside drive happened twice. Both incidents were after the long delay ( Think it was the E type ) having a bingle. I reckon there was a bit of urgency / panic to try and get everyone through their runs, let alone any re runs, hence a couple of mistakes with the looming start of the Targa Competitors.
Shit situation to be in but I suppose there has to be a trade off due to the opportunity given to hit the streets with the Targa guys.

Tags
city, sprint, targa, west