Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   1st car mod research (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/10306-1st-car-mod-research.html)

gumby 16-02-2007 07:52 PM

1st car mod research

ok, ive done a search, and didnt find quite what i was looking for, now Im looking to start off mods on my car (MY02 WRX)

Im looking at doing the exhaust, and either ecutek or verso.

Now heres my questions, what are some of the pros/cons of a China Spec exhaust verus say, a MRT Exhaust.

Also, what are the pros/cons of ecutek vs Verso (if theres any difference)
I dont need to know about how much cheaper something is, Im more interested in performance and mechanically and quality.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Josh 16-02-2007 08:10 PM

Verso is cheaper and is always a CUSTOM tune where as EcuTek '3' is a custom tune which is about $2,000 where as Verso is half the price.

Lots of people having success with the China exhausts too - Speak to a few of the guys who have them on this forum!

pmh 16-02-2007 08:16 PM

not sure if you needed a poll for this
everyone here has their own personal experience on all the products mentioned
and there're heaps of threads on verso and ecutek
search under "verso" and "ecutek"

Mister Two 16-02-2007 08:37 PM

I have one of those china spec exhaust and like many are very happy with it.

A RMS/MRT/MMS exhaust will generally perform a little better due mainly to the better split dump design over the china spec bell mouth dump pipe. However the difference is probably in the range of no more than 10hp. RMS also have better mufflers.

It will be up to you to decide whether it is worth spending the $1500 extra on a RMS exhaust. Personally I dont think its worth it.

gumby 16-02-2007 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]I have one of those china spec exhaust and like many are very happy with it.

A RMS/MRT/MMS exhaust will generally perform a little better due mainly to the better split dump design over the china spec bell mouth dump pipe. However the difference is probably in the range of no more than 10hp. RMS also have better mufflers.

It will be up to you to decide whether it is worth spending the $1500 extra on a RMS exhaust. Personally I dont think its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Whats the noise level like for the china specs? and the cabin noise,,, is there much of a drone? (a concern for me since my rex is my only car and i do alot of driving)

stebaun 17-02-2007 02:02 AM

china spec quieter than a normal cannon exhaust

Hi_VoLtAgE 17-02-2007 09:09 AM

one thing i've learnt from being a car enthuiast, do it right the first time, if you cant afford something now, save and wait.
i have x-force full exhaust and the flange on the dump pipe has cracked, also have hks headers which are awesome quality, and so they should be for their price.
id choose ecutek over verso, only on personal prefrence.

$0.02

Mister Two 17-02-2007 09:37 AM

no droning on my china spec exhaust.

saturation 17-02-2007 10:02 AM

As Josh said Verso is a custom tune, and Ive had no issues with it at all. I actually got a better gain out of Verso than what RT said they could. Although it was just an estimate.

Saying that you get a custom tune for half the price of ecutek 3 which leaves you a cool grand to spend on either a turbo or suspension bits in addition to whichever exhaust you go with.

BOMB3R 18-02-2007 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=saturation]I actually got a better gain out of Verso than what RT said they could. Although it was just an estimate.
[/QUOTE]

?????? So you have had both tunes??? If not this dosen't make sense! All cars are different. RT wouldn't have said 'we can tune your car to ......kw. Can't make a comparison on assumption.