Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   zorsts 4 03-05wrx question (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/11742-zorsts-4-03-05wrx-question.html)

NEAT 04' 18-04-2007 12:51 PM

zorsts 4 03-05wrx question

just a question for those out there owning an 03-05 WRX. i want to get a turbo back exhaust put on. now has anyone had troubles with the standard ecu's cos i here they're a lot smarter then then gc8's.
I was wondering if the motor would detinate(not overboosting but coming on boost)?????
would it be wise to get a tune on the standard ecu as seanie has the software to do so now. i dont want to get an aftermarket ecu as i dont need one and won't for the base mods ill be doing?????

this question is regarding warranty issues slightly too if the chances of detonating are great....

thanks,

Pawel :p

Shinobik 18-04-2007 01:36 PM

Once you get a TBE exhaust for the GD model wrx, the std ecu get get out of tune, your car will run crappyy ( jerky).. and also without a tune you wont get the most out of your exhaust.

Get a verso tune, your will run better and have more power.... also because its just a re-flash... it still retains the factory ecu module.

Zorts + CAI + verso = :)

American Dave 18-04-2007 01:49 PM

yes you can get boost spikes with tbe install and no tune. Search threads on subject. Spend the extra money and get the car on dyno at least after the install. Piece of mind for you and investment in your car.

edit: notice how I didn't mention any company or software? :D

Smokey 18-04-2007 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave]yes you can get boost spikes with tbe install and no tune. Search threads on subject. Spend the extra money and get the car on dyno at least after the install. Piece of mind for you and investment in your car.

edit: notice how I didn't mention any company or software? :D[/QUOTE]

Its a good thing that your sig is so non brand specific :)

NEAT 04' 18-04-2007 02:01 PM

cool, thats wat i was planning on doing. i heard that the car would run fine for like half an hour then go crappy... so yeh... i'll get saving.

thanks again

ImPreSiV 18-04-2007 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=Smokey]Its a good thing that your sig is so non brand specific :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, his signature mentions Verso twice aswell... Not brand specific at all Dave! lol

American Dave 18-04-2007 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]Haha, his signature mentions Verso twice aswell... Not brand specific at all Dave! lol[/QUOTE]
fark you guys are a tough crowd, ah hell with it! Get down to ASG and have Sean tune your car with Verso. Word!

ImPreSiV 18-04-2007 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave]fark you guys are a tough crowd, ah hell with it! Get down to ASG and have Sean tune your car with Verso. Word![/QUOTE]

Better, u edited ur signature tho... FIX IT!

nauli 18-04-2007 03:51 PM

Generally should be no problem with a TBE on GD up to and including MY05.
I had just a TBE with standard computer on my '02 STi for over 12 months which included running in quite a number of motorsport events without any problem...

boostED82 18-04-2007 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave]fark you guys are a tough crowd, ah hell with it! Get down to ASG and have Sean tune your car with Verso. Word![/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Yeah, I suppose I second that idea... :)