Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby
Default Fuel pumps and verso tune

I have a 3 part question, I searched and either Im blind, or theres nothing specific to what Im looking for (I found part of it, but I didnt understand)

Before I go further, my car is a 02 WRX...

Im going to buy a new fuel pump soon as ill be getting a verso tune done on my car in july, (if i remember correctly, they advised a 500hp walbro pump)

Ok, firstly, is this my best option, or are the bosche pumps better and if so, which would be the one to go with?

Secondly, if I install the pump anywhere up to a week before the verso tune, will it cause any problems with my car?

and finally....
Thirdly, can someone either give me, or point me to some instructions on how to change over my fuel pump.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

1. Bosch are generally considered to be of better construction, and reliability. however installation of a bosch pump requires modification to the pump assembly and is generally more difficult to fit. Although the walbro is not as good as a bosch, its pretty close, and many people running the walbro, including myself, have no problems running a walbro. Just make sure you get a genuine walbro. there are lots of china knock offs on ebay that can kill an engine.

2. No, it will not cause any problems to your car.

3. If you get a walbro. its plug and play basically. Look at the stock setup and copy that exactly. Basically you unplug the old pump. disconnect fuel lines and plug in the new pump in the same place the old one came out of. One tip though. Reuse the stock fuel sock filter that hangs off the OEM pump. It actually flows a little better than the walbro unit. Many people experience surging and fuel starvation when using the walbro filter and the fuel level drops to below 1/4 tank.

Last edited by Mister Two; 03-05-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

go the walbro mate... just make sure ya get a genuine one
Old 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
1. Bosch are generally considered to be of better construction, and reliability. however installation of a bosch pump requires modification to the pump assembly and is generally more difficult to fit. Although the walbro is not as good as a bosch, its pretty close, and many people running the walbro, including myself, have no problems running a walbro. Just make sure you get a genuine walbro. there are lots of china knock offs on ebay that can kill an engine.

2. No, it will not cause any problems to your car.

3. If you get a walbro. its plug and play basically. Look at the stock setup and copy that exactly. Basically you unplug the old pump. disconnect fuel lines and plug in the new pump in the same place the old one came out of. One tip though. Reuse the stock fuel sock filter that hangs off the OEM pump. It actually flows a little better than the walbro unit. Many people experience surging and fuel starvation when using the walbro filter and the fuel level drops to below 1/4 tank.

Thanks for the tips

Tags
fuel, pumps, tune, verso